purchase; something that has been purchased or obtained
acquisition
appearance
episode
finish

The Killer.

The Creature. | The Mariner.
The Killer. #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 13, 2009 20:33 pm   The Killer.

The killer moved silently along the alley, keeping to the deep shadows. So long since the last killing, so very long.

That bloody officer in charge of the case had been getting too damned close to the truth, therefore it was better to stop and let the case fall into the "Unsolved file."

Five years had been a long time to wait, but well worth it, because the case had indeed been resigned to the "Unsolved file", and that snoopy cop had retired three years ago.

They thought they could solve every crime today with their technology, but nothing defeated them easier than a random killing.
No motive, no suspects, no case. That was the easy way to do it.

I didn't care who I killed. Male or female, young or old, white or coloured.It was a matter of complete indifference to me.
I'd been forced to satisfy my hunger for killing for the last five years by killing animals. Any kind, no matter, just so long as I could hear them whimper and squeal as I sliced my knife into their furry bodies.
But now that time was past and I was free to roam the dark streets again.
I was in my element.

The fools thought I was in prison for some other offence, or that I had died when the killings had stopped, that's what most were praying was the truth.

Oh what fun I had had. Twenty three bodies in twenty three weeks.
If only that cop hadn't started snooping around I could have gone on unhindered.
Damn him to hell!

But now he was retired and I could come out of my retirement, to continue on my merry way.
I had decided to make it two a week to make up for lost time.

It was so easy. Just walk up to a stranger and kill them. No motive, no possible chance of being caught. Simple, yet brilliant, and didn't I love the panicking headlines.

Maybe I would start leaving an occasional clue for these morons.
I'm so bloody clever that I'll never be caught.
All previous serial killers had been connected to their victims in some way, but not me.
I operated far from home and I always chose a complete stranger as my victim.
I'd even thought of killing only taxi-drivers, but that would have relegated me to killing only males. No good, my plan was anyone, any-time, anywhere.

So, what was it to be tonight for my first killing?
Male, female, coloured or white? I didn't give a damn, I just wanted to thrust my knife into anybody who was handy.

This had all started about six years ago when my Father was murdered on his way from work.
Someone had just stepped from an alley and slashed his throat. He had sank to the ground and died before anyone could help him.
The police said it would be impossible to find the killer.
There was no attempted robbery, and no-one could be found who had a motive to kill my father.
That's when I had hatched my plan to seek revenge on the entire city using the same method.
Without a connection to the victim no killer could ever be found.

I continued down the alley, and then I found him, an old down and out laying in a doorway.
Probably drunk and homeless. It would really be doing him a kindness to put him out of his misery.
My first for five years. My pulse was racing as I bent over him.

The throat, that would be the best point. Just slash deeply and watch the blood pulse from his wound.
I raised my arm for a downward slash when the bullet hit me in the back. I fell against the old man and watched the figure approaching slowly, gun in hand.
As he neared I had a fleeting glance of his face. It was the very same cop who had retired.
" I've been following you for three years Miss Smith, ever since I retired. The only connection between these murders and you was the similarity to your father's murder. Did you really think I wasn't capable of putting two and two together?"

_________________

The Killer. #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 13:08 pm   The Killer.

Now, don't say you wrote it over coffee ;)
It must have taken guts -- to fill Killer's shoes :)
_________________
First lesson - English, not english. I, not i. ~A student of English
Gray

Location: Proxima Centauri

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
The Killer. #3 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 13:48 pm   The Killer.

" I'd been forced to satisfy my hunger for killing for the last five years by killing animals. Any kind, no matter, just so long as I could hear them whimper and squeal as I sliced my knife into their furry bodies."- That was a culmination ;) I like dedectives,this year I've read more than 10 dedective books :) They make a reader weak, and you get addicted to the story.

Kitos,

Number of your stories gets more and more less. I realy miss them.

Or I'm getting lazy and passive in the Forum :(

~Phoebe
_________________
incomplete....
Kiprida

Location: Baku, Azerbaijan

The Killer. #4 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 14:04 pm   The Killer.

Phoebe .... YES!

Gray, much less than an hour.

Read "The Creature." ..... 30 minutes, start to finish.

Bill.
_________________

The Killer. #5 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 19:43 pm   The Killer.

Kitosdad,how long does it take you to write your stories?
Foah

Location: next to Dortmund , Europe

The Killer. #6 (permalink) Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:06 am   The Killer.

Good morning FoAH, just as long as it takes to think them up.

I try to compose a story around everything I see or hear.

The bones of a story surround us everywhere.

The old couple waiting at the bus stop. What is going through their minds? Where are they going? What are they going to do when they get there?

The little child sitting by it's mother on the bus. What is it thinking? What does it feel about all of the strange faces and things that it sees?

Even the little sparrow on your window ledge, looking through your window. All have a story to tell. Imagination is all that separates reality from fantasy.

Give it a try Mate, give it a try!

_________________

The Killer. #7 (permalink) Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:13 pm   The Killer.

Kitos,

You know, I don't like aggression and I like happy ends, that is why I made your fearful and terrible Crature a plastic big toy :)

~Phoebe
_________________
incomplete....
Kiprida

Location: Baku, Azerbaijan

The Creature. | The Mariner.
The Vase. Conclusion.Why you should learn words in context...The Vase. Part 3.The Vase. Part two.The thing in the Cellar.Sentence: if the pet-sitter is a business life professional who watches people'sThe Vase. Part One.Catch me if you can.The destiny should not be centered around people...Discussion the trend of Vietnamese young music.Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire'Old Nellie.How many fruit names that contain other fruit's name do you know?