to channel; to centralize
funnel
classify
note
divert

Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire'

Discussion the trend of Vietnamese young music. | Entertaining movie called Akeelah and the Bee
Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire' #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:01 am   Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire'

As you know, I am learning english and am not competent enough to prepare a topic. I have been given a topic for debate to prepare. the topic is 'first deserve then desire'. I need arguments and complete text for this debate. can you please help me in this regard.

Saeed
Drsaeed

Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire' #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:48 am   Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire'

hi Drsaeed,

I wonder whether the sequence (evaluation) was correct. I mean, in order to reach somewhere or achieve something (mental- or even material goals) must be the wish to get there/that. And the intensity one stresses him-/herself in order to achieve their goals depends on the power of desire. Thatīs why Iīd say desire comes previously. Then one need to work hard till they have deserved what they desired and finally can enjoy having achieved their goals (whatever it is).

Of course, there are goals you might desire which you never can afford and no matter what power your desire contains or how much you might have deserved it, youīll never get there or it. :shock: a journey to the next galaxy............... or an evening with Pamela Anderson..........ooops, I seem to dream!!!! :lol:

However, just my humble thoughts on this

Michael
Foah

Location: next to Dortmund , Europe

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire' #3 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:34 pm   Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire'

Hi Michael,

You have started the debate!

Debate: From Dictionary.com
1. a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints: a debate in the Senate on farm price supports.
2. a formal contest in which the affirmative and negative sides of a proposition are advocated by opposing speakers.
3. deliberation; consideration.

I am assuming Saeed has been given the topic, "first deserve, then desire" as a debate topic for the purpose of an exercise in using English language. His job is not to decide weather deserve should preceed desire, but to practice constructing sentences and putting them together in a way that supports his topic. The topic could be anything from "cats are better than dogs" to "driving a car is bad for your health"!
Expatcat

Location: Bonn, Germany

Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire' #4 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 13:08 pm   Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire'

His job is not to decide weather deserve should preceed desire

Now don't tell me this is American English!!

_________________

Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire' #5 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 14:05 pm   Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire'

grrrrr, caught me!
Expatcat

Location: Bonn, Germany

Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire' #6 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 15:31 pm   Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire'

Thanks for taking my jibe on the chin!

_________________

Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire' #7 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 19:39 pm   Arguments for the topic is 'first deserve then desire'

Expatcat wrote:
Hi Michael,

You have started the debate!

Hi Expatcat,

Iīm sorry, but I think I didnīt start anything. Your helpful link suggested a debate to contain affirmative and also negative points of view. I just added some negative to the subject "first deserve, then desire" arguments - according to Drsaeedīs request - in order to help him/her on the debate purpose. Others might add affirmative arguments.

Perhaps we can have a great discussion here so that our support for Drsaeed will become quite a huge help.

Regards

Michael
Foah

Location: next to Dortmund , Europe

The Vase. Part two.The thing in the Cellar.The Mariner.Sentence: if the pet-sitter is a business life professional who watches people'sThe Vase. Part One.Catch me if you can.The Creature.The Killer.Old Nellie.How many fruit names that contain other fruit's name do you know?To teacher: He never forgive us...Do you use Google Docs?Story: Once upon a time there lived a king. He was survived by his wife...