money (in a bank account); trust; confidence; respect
ado
parentheses
credit
shipping

meaning of "six pack" referring to "muscles" or 'work out'

Phrase: how much you owe each of your vendors | Phrasal verb "take in" (understand)
meaning of "six pack" referring to "muscles" or 'work out' #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 16:58 pm   meaning of "six pack" referring to "muscles" or 'work out'

ESL/EFL Test #315 "Health and Nutrition Questions Test (1)", question 6

......... is a substance that is found in many drinks and foods such as coffee and chocolate bars. This substance can keep you awake for long periods of time.

(a) Gelatin
(b) Spice
(c) Caffeine

ESL/EFL Test #315 "Health and Nutrition Questions Test (1)", answer 6

Caffeine is a substance that is found in many drinks and foods such as coffee and chocolate bars. This substance can keep you awake for long periods of time.

Correct answer: (c) Caffeine

_________________________

Could you explain the meaning of "six pack" referring to "muscles" or "work out" to me please? Or give me a link to a dictionary where it is possible to find it?

Thanks in advance.

Starr
Starr

meaning of "six pack" referring to "muscles" or 'work out' #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 18, 2009 14:04 pm   meaning of "six pack" referring to "muscles" or 'work out'

(bodybuilding): A highly developed set of abdominal muscles.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does "to pull your socks up" mean?I want to become a writer, bless you!Is coffee a harmful drug?What is meaning of "the right-of-way?Meaning of "Pass on"What does "all blue skies" mean?Expression: Go to answerWhat is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means?What does "marching in formation" mean?'On the microscope' vs 'under the microscope'How can I learn English grammar?Meaning of "over board"I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back...