Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

decline; reduction; lessening
finance
lease
dash
decrease
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is "verbal diarrhea"?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
'On the microscope' vs 'under the microscope' | Phrase: how much you owe each of your vendors
listening exercises
What is "verbal diarrhea"? #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 15, 2009 14:06 pm   What is "verbal diarrhea"?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #602 "English Slang Idioms (344)", question 1

"John is an idiot. Everything that comes out of his mouth, in my opinion, is ......... diarrhea. It is either useless information or it is incorrect," Bill said to Paul.

(a) phrasal
(b) plural
(c) verbal
(d) dictionary

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #602 "English Slang Idioms (344)", answer 1

"John is an idiot. Everything that comes out of his mouth, in my opinion, is verbal diarrhea. It is either useless information or it is incorrect," Bill said to Paul.

Correct answer: (c) verbal

what is verbal?

Starr
Starr

What is "verbal diarrhea"? #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 18, 2009 14:03 pm   What is "verbal diarrhea"?

verbal diarrhea = talking too much and saying little of value.

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
'On the microscope' vs 'under the microscope' | Phrase: how much you owe each of your vendors
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
I want to become a writer, bless you!What is meaning of "the right-of-way?Meaning of "Pass on"What does "all blue skies" mean?Expression: Go to answerWhat is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means?What does "marching in formation" mean?How can I learn English grammar?Meaning of "over board"Things such as "lives in the outskirts of"...I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back...I'm here to inform you that I'm pressing charges against...meaning of "six pack" referring to "muscles" or 'work out'