ten years; group of tens
decade
assistant
innovation
product

Meaning of "over board"

How can I learn English grammar? | 'On the microscope' vs 'under the microscope'
Meaning of "over board" #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 13:52 pm   Meaning of "over board"

ESL/EFL Test #737 "Boat/Sailing Common Phrases (1)", question 5

David really went over ......... yesterday. He started yelling because I dropped a cup and broke it. He went crazy about it and punched a hole in the wall.

(a) board
(b) come
(c) sight
(d) ship

ESL/EFL Test #737 "Boat/Sailing Common Phrases (1)", answer 5

David really went over board yesterday. He started yelling because I dropped a cup and broke it. He went crazy about it and punched a hole in the wall.

Correct answer: (a) board

_________________________

I understand from the text that over board means furious. Am I write?

Rynda
Rynda

Meaning of "over board" #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:55 am   Meaning of "over board"

No, not necessarily right. 'Go overboard' (one word, actually) means 'act too much, extremely, more than required or expected'.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of "Pass on"What does "all blue skies" mean?Expression: Go to answerWhat is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means?What does "marching in formation" mean?Things such as "lives in the outskirts of"...I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back...I'm here to inform you that I'm pressing charges against...What is "verbal diarrhea"?meaning of "six pack" referring to "muscles" or 'work out'Phrase: how much you owe each of your vendorsWhen do we use "their" and they're in the sentence?How do elephants drink water with trunks?