casualty; misadventure; mishap; failure
trash
accident
reservation
decision

What does "marching in formation" mean?

What is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means? | Expression: Go to answer
What does "marching in formation" mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:36 am   What does "marching in formation" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #644 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (17)", question 4

He was horrible at marching in formation. He was almost always ......... of step and responded to commands so slowly that he often ran into the soldier ahead of him while marching.

(a) in
(b) on
(c) out
(d) under

ESL/EFL Test #644 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (17)", answer 4

He was horrible at marching in formation. He was almost always out of step and responded to commands so slowly that he often ran into the soldier ahead of him while marching.

Correct answer: (c) out

_________________________

What does "marching in formation" mean?
Mickey

What does "marching in formation" mean? #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:02 am   What does "marching in formation" mean?

Marching in straight rows and files, like THIS.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'procedure' mean?What does 'in stitches' mean?under dispute vs. in disputeWhat does "to pull your socks up" mean?I want to become a writer, bless you!Is coffee a harmful drug?What is meaning of "the right-of-way?Meaning of "Pass on"What does "all blue skies" mean?'On the microscope' vs 'under the microscope'How can I learn English grammar?Meaning of "over board"What is "verbal diarrhea"?