to strengthen; to fortify; to support; to increase
avoid
reinforce
elicit
recant

What is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means?

What does "all blue skies" mean? | What does "marching in formation" mean?
What is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means? #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:38 am   What is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means?

ESL/EFL Test #645 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (18)", question 4

He saw some Canadian geese flying ......... formation and wondered how far they had to fly to reach their destination.

(a) in
(b) on
(c) out
(d) under

ESL/EFL Test #645 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (18)", answer 4

He saw some Canadian geese flying in formation and wondered how far they had to fly to reach their destination.

Correct answer: (a) in

_________________________

Mickey

What is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means? #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:58 am   What is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means?

Geese of many species form lines when they fly in the sky. These lines take many forms, for instance a 'V' formation-- two diagonal lines joined at the tip to form the shape of the letter 'V'.HERE are some.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'procedure' mean?What does 'in stitches' mean?under dispute vs. in disputeWhat does "to pull your socks up" mean?I want to become a writer, bless you!Is coffee a harmful drug?What is meaning of "the right-of-way?Meaning of "Pass on"Expression: Go to answer'On the microscope' vs 'under the microscope'How can I learn English grammar?Meaning of "over board"What is "verbal diarrhea"?