Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to strengthen; to fortify; to support; to increase
avoid
reinforce
elicit
recant
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does "all blue skies" mean? | What does "marching in formation" mean?
listening exercises
What is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means? #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:38 am   What is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #645 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (18)", question 4

He saw some Canadian geese flying ......... formation and wondered how far they had to fly to reach their destination.

(a) in
(b) on
(c) out
(d) under

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #645 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (18)", answer 4

He saw some Canadian geese flying in formation and wondered how far they had to fly to reach their destination.

Correct answer: (a) in

Your answer was: correct

What is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means?
Mickey
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means? #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:58 am   What is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means?

Geese of many species form lines when they fly in the sky. These lines take many forms, for instance a 'V' formation-- two diagonal lines joined at the tip to form the shape of the letter 'V'.HERE are some.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
What does "all blue skies" mean? | What does "marching in formation" mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does 'procedure' mean?What does 'in stitches' mean?under dispute vs. in disputeWhat does "to pull your socks up" mean?I want to become a writer, bless you!Is coffee a harmful drug?What is meaning of "the right-of-way?Meaning of "Pass on"Expression: Go to answer'On the microscope' vs 'under the microscope'How can I learn English grammar?Meaning of "over board"What is "verbal diarrhea"?