to globalize; to make worldwide
hit
internationalize
launch
fleet

What does 'procedure' mean?

under dispute vs. in dispute | Meaning of burrow
What does 'procedure' mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:48 am   What does 'procedure' mean?

ESL/EFL Test #413 "System Development Life Cycle", question 1

As Russel Kay tells it, once ......... a time, software development consisted of a programmer writing code to solve a problem or automate a procedure.

(a) after
(b) at
(c) in
(d) upon

ESL/EFL Test #413 "System Development Life Cycle", answer 1

As Russel Kay tells it, once upon a time, software development consisted of a programmer writing code to solve a problem or automate a procedure.

Correct answer: (d) upon
_________________________

what mean proceduer
Rondy

What does 'procedure' mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:54 am   What does 'procedure' mean?

I suppose that this is meant: "Procedure, in Computer Programming, also called routine, subroutine, and function, is a section of a program that performs a specific task." It could also refer to an actual procedure in e.g. the making of a product.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'procedure' mean? #3 (permalink) Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:01 am   What does 'procedure' mean?

Hi English Learner,

Remember the way to ask a question: What does 'procedure' mean?

_________________

What does 'in general' mean?Who is the first person engage in entrepreneurship?What will happen to the bond's price and to its yield to maturity?What does the "Q" stand for in "John Q. Public"?I marked teeth but button shows another answer,...What does 'in stitches' mean?What does "to pull your socks up" mean?I want to become a writer, bless you!Is coffee a harmful drug?What is meaning of "the right-of-way?Meaning of "Pass on"Expression: Go to answerWhat is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means?