Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

prediction of a future event or condition (i.e. development of the economy)
interest
forecast
medicine
balance
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I marked teeth but button shows another answer,...

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Idiom "trying to make ends meet" | What will happen to the bond's price and to its yield to maturity?
listening exercises
I marked teeth but button shows another answer,... #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 24, 2009 18:13 pm   I marked teeth but button shows another answer,...

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #524 "English Slang Idioms (108)", question 10

"I know that we probably can't win the product liability suit against that huge company but we are going to try despite the difference in power. I am telling myself that it is not the size of the dog that's in the fight, but the size of the ......... that's in the dog' as often as possible," Gina said to Maurice.

(a) muscle
(b) brain
(c) fight
(d) teeth

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #524 "English Slang Idioms (108)", answer 10

"I know that we probably can't win the product liability suit against that huge company but we are going to try despite the difference in power. I am telling myself that it is not the size of the dog that's in the fight, but the size of the fight that's in the dog' as often as possible," Gina said to Maurice.

Correct answer: (c) fight

Your answer was: incorrect
"I know that we probably can't win the product liability suit against that huge company but we are going to try despite the difference in power. I am telling myself that it is not the size of the dog that's in the fight, but the size of the teeth that's in the dog' as often as possible," Gina said to Maurice.

I marked teeth but button shows another answer, it happens on other questions.

pmb
pmb

I marked teeth but button shows another answer,... #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 24, 2009 20:05 pm   I marked teeth but button shows another answer,...

Hi English Learner! You should read Help: How to take this test? before taking the test :) After you hit the <<check your score>> button all correct answers are displayed, so in this case simply "fight" not "teeth" is correct. :)
Kasia*

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Idiom "trying to make ends meet" | What will happen to the bond's price and to its yield to maturity?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
"possibly" vs "probably"Meaning of "wrappin one's head around of something"What does 'in general' mean?Who is the first person engage in entrepreneurship?What does the "Q" stand for in "John Q. Public"?What does 'procedure' mean?What does 'in stitches' mean?under dispute vs. in disputeWhat does "to pull your socks up" mean?I want to become a writer, bless you!Is coffee a harmful drug?What is meaning of "the right-of-way?Meaning of "Pass on"