process of turning money into profit
idea
capitalization
tax
variety

What does 'in general' mean?

Who is the first person engage in entrepreneurship? | What does the "Q" stand for in "John Q. Public"?
What does 'in general' mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:30 am   What does 'in general' mean?

ESL/EFL Test #653 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (26)", question 3

I like plants, ......... general, but I don't like blackberry bushes, poison oak, or star thistles.

(a) in
(b) on
(c) out
(d) under

ESL/EFL Test #653 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (26)", answer 3

I like plants, in general, but I don't like blackberry bushes, poison oak, or star thistles.

Correct answer: (a) in

I like plants, out general, but I don't like blackberry bushes, poison oak, or star thistles.
_________________________

is out general lake in generally or out general means not at all
Stefanstz

What does 'in general' mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:55 am   What does 'in general' mean?

The phrase is 'in general' not 'out general'. In general means 'in most cases'.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and his student

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Application of Financial Management in the business environment of Pakistan?what is butcher?'On hand' = 'in stock'"possibly" vs "probably"Meaning of "wrappin one's head around of something"What will happen to the bond's price and to its yield to maturity?I marked teeth but button shows another answer,...What does 'procedure' mean?What does 'in stitches' mean?under dispute vs. in disputeWhat does "to pull your socks up" mean?Is coffee a harmful drug?Idiom "trying to make ends meet"