to gauge; to quantify; to assess; to evaluate; to estimate
measure
specialize
precede
earn

Meaning of "wrappin one's head around of something"

"possibly" vs "probably" | 'On hand' = 'in stock'
Meaning of "wrappin one's head around of something" #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 28, 2009 13:06 pm   Meaning of "wrappin one's head around of something"

ESL/EFL Test #132 "Conversations and Comprehension (3)", question 7

Woman: I'm having a really hard time right now. I liked the old system a lot and I can't seem to wrap my head around the new system at all.
Man: Let's sit down and talk about it after lunch.
Woman: Thanks. I really appreciate your patience.
Man: No problem.
Narrator: What does the woman mean? .........

(a) She doesn't understand how the new system works.
(b) She has a headache.
(c) The new system is easier to manage than the old system.

ESL/EFL Test #132 "Conversations and Comprehension (3)", answer 7

Man: No problem.
Narrator: What does the woman mean? She doesn't understand how the new system works.

Correct answer: (a) She doesn't understand how the new system works.
_________________________

I am sure that wrappin one's head around of something mean that the person does not understand how to use that particular thing. Is it true? Please kindly give the explanation???

Ferma
Ferma

Meaning of "wrappin one's head around of something" #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:34 am   Meaning of "wrappin one's head around of something"

Wrap one's head around = understand
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
If you should need someone?What does in the hour mean?What does mortgage and pre-approved mean?What does bounsed a check and NSF mean?Application of Financial Management in the business environment of Pakistan?what is butcher?What does 'in general' mean?Who is the first person engage in entrepreneurship?What will happen to the bond's price and to its yield to maturity?What does the "Q" stand for in "John Q. Public"?I marked teeth but button shows another answer,...Difference in meaning between 'wager' and 'bet?'the day is done' vs 'the day is accumulated'