impressive; inspiring; great; frightening
even
awesome
eligible
bothersome

Sentence on prone

Which one is correct? | More than and as much as
Sentence on prone #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 29, 2009 17:40 pm   Sentence on prone

"I'm trying to think how to put what I want to say, but words ......... me," Jim said to Jack.

(a) forget
(b) brush
(c) fail
(d) betray

"I'm trying to think how to put what I want to say, but words fail me," Jim said to Jack.

Correct answer: (c) fail
_________________________

sentence on prone

Mirko
Mirko

Sentence on prone #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:31 am   Sentence on prone

1 2009 SPOK NPR_Science relativity actually act to significantly stabilize the solar system. So Mercury is much less prone to getting into trouble than it would be if you don' t take the
2 2009 SPOK CNN_Cooper bad experience with it. KAYE: Right. She was somebody who was very prone to addiction because of her bipolar disorder. COOPER: She had considered suicide,
3 2009 SPOK CNN_Cooper it. KAYE: Right. I mean, she was somebody who was very prone to addiction because of her bipolar disorder. So she... COOPER:
4 2009 SPOK PBS_Newshour a little bit angrier. And those are the folks who are a little more prone to complain. JEFFREY-BROWN: All right, now, Reed Hundt, I want
5 2009 SPOK CBS_NewsMorn we are. We got to-- we have to. DAVE-PRICE: This region is prone to flooding, but the recent past has been especially painful. Twelve years ago
6 2009 FIC Bk:AngelsGame was the mark of a pervert or someone with a vitamin deficiency. Any journalist prone to florid prose would be sent off to write fu neral notices for three
7 2009 FIC Bk:WrongfulDeath flak jacket. It is indicative of a man dissatisfied with his life and therefore prone to making rash decisions to change it. Such decisions could, in the future
8 2009 FIC Bk:FlickeringLight did more often now since they'd moved to Winona, Minnesota. Selma was prone to sensuous scents; sensuous music too, her husky voice holding people hostage when
9 2009 FIC Bk:Castle a bronze statue of a Second World War soldier, aiming his rifle, lay prone in front of a granite slab bearing the chiseled names of the dead. Three
10 2009 FIC Bk:OrderThings seasonal disorder or light sensitivity. I guess one would say that I am simply prone to this kind of thing. Like Mama and her gout or Jane Mackay,
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Sentence on prone #3 (permalink) Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:40 am   Sentence on prone

Sir

why don't you send the exercise of causative sentences / would have been / can't have / must have/ must not have / active voices/ passive voices etc? these are very important for us to use them in our day to day practices in english course. As I remember I have not solved or seen such type of sentences so far in your test exercise send by you .I would request you to send different type of exercise related to as said above.
regards
Samtanidali

please,can you look this paragraphand correct itsign in and log inWhat are sheep dogs?lying down on his bedWhat does towels mean?What does the phase like up mean?If it is windy then the sand on the beach would be blown around...What does 'pick someone up' mean?through with vs. finished withdifference between awake and wakeCompound subjectsIdiom: 'to pull one's leg'Can I say: "I've been so busy" here?