definition; significance; intention; explanation
meaning
failure
citizenship
resignation

'On hand' = 'in stock'

Meaning of "wrappin one's head around of something" | Application of Financial Management in the business environment of Pakistan?
'On hand' = 'in stock' #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:08 am   'On hand' = 'in stock'

ESL/EFL Test #654 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (27)", question 9

You need three rolls of Duct tape? Unfortunately, we only have two ......... hand. We are receiving more on Thursday if you would like to come back.

(a) in
(b) on
(c) out
(d) under

ESL/EFL Test #654 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (27)", answer 9

You need three rolls of Duct tape? Unfortunately, we only have two on hand. We are receiving more on Thursday if you would like to come back.

Correct answer: (b) on
_________________________

like cash "in" hand why not in here?

Mirko
Mirko

'On hand' = 'in stock' #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:17 am   'On hand' = 'in stock'

They are different idioms with different meanings. 'On hand' = 'in stock'.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of budsIf you should need someone?What does in the hour mean?What does mortgage and pre-approved mean?What does bounsed a check and NSF mean?what is butcher?"possibly" vs "probably"What does 'in general' mean?Who is the first person engage in entrepreneurship?What will happen to the bond's price and to its yield to maturity?What does the "Q" stand for in "John Q. Public"?Difference in meaning between 'wager' and 'bet?'the day is done' vs 'the day is accumulated'