prepared; set; eager; willing; quick; fast
ample
comfortable
ready
few

What does household mean?

Other vs. another | send a phone number by snail mail having written it on the handed piece of paper
What does household mean? #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:53 am   What does household mean?

ESL/EFL Test #716 "Real Life: Household Chores (2)", question 2

I have to do laundry today. Help me collect all of the clothes so I can drive them over to the .......... By the way, do you have any quarters?

(a) Trash collector
(b) Laundromat
(c) Lawnmower

ESL/EFL Test #716 "Real Life: Household Chores (2)", answer 2

I have to do laundry today. Help me collect all of the clothes so I can drive them over to the Laundromat. By the way, do you have any quarters?

Correct answer: (b) Laundromat
_________________________

what is the real mean of household

ajay
AjayC

What does household mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:42 pm   What does household mean?

Hi EL,

'Household' refers in general to everyone living in a particular house. When it is used as an adjective, as it is in the test sentence, it refers to everything connected to or concerned with the particular house.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does household mean? #3 (permalink) Fri Jun 28, 2013 20:03 pm   What does household mean?

quarters? - please explain.
thanks.

What does household mean? #4 (permalink) Fri Jun 28, 2013 20:20 pm   What does household mean?

Hi Saneta,

Your 'quarters' is the place/room/accommodation to which you have been allocated by some authority. It is often used to describe the accommodation provided for military personnel.

_________________

Test incompl/inter-274, Question 10for an agreed upon amountso I could have her call youDavid withheld information during the criminal investigationThe writer or author of verses is called a poet.a litter of puppiesI know it's hard, but you have to stick with itWho is uncle?Can you give me an example of irony?difference between dither and distractwhy should be fly instead of flow?difference between setting, sketch and sonnetmeaning of satire