pertaining to business; pertaining to buying and selling
inherent
commercial
alternate
sharp

What does bounsed a check and NSF mean?

What does mortgage and pre-approved mean? | What does in the hour mean?
What does bounsed a check and NSF mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:54 am   What does bounsed a check and NSF mean?

ESL/EFL Test #231 "Bank Terminology (1)", question 3

Robert ......... a check this past week. Now, he must pay two NSF charges because of it.

(a) hopped
(b) skipped
(c) bounced
(d) threw

ESL/EFL Test #231 "Bank Terminology (1)", answer 3

Robert bounced a check this past week. Now, he must pay two NSF charges because of it.

Correct answer: (c) bounced

Your answer was: ?
_________________________

What does bounsed a check, and NSF mean? Please give me full explanation.
Thank you in advance
Kotow
Kotow

What does bounsed a check and NSF mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 am   What does bounsed a check and NSF mean?

To bounce a cheque = To write a cheque with insufficient money in the account to pay the bearer; thus the cheque returns, or bounces from the bank.

NSF = Non Sufficient Funds
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'knock on' mean here?inside vs sideMeaning of budsIf you should need someone?Application of Financial Management in the business environment of Pakistan?what is butcher?'On hand' = 'in stock'"possibly" vs "probably"Meaning of "wrappin one's head around of something"What does "well-off" mean?Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?Difference in meaning between 'wager' and 'bet?'the day is done' vs 'the day is accumulated'