careful; wary; suspicious
cautious
impressive
loyal
disparate

What does in the hour mean?

What does bounsed a check and NSF mean? | Price has risen
What does in the hour mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Sep 01, 2009 18:31 pm   What does in the hour mean?

ESL/EFL Test #649 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (22)", question 3

I am so sick of living next to a train. It goes by my house every hour, ......... the hour, from 2 AM until 6 AM. It wakes me up every night.

(a) in
(b) on
(c) out
(d) under

ESL/EFL Test #649 "Prepositional Phrases - In, On, Out and Under (22)", answer 3

I am so sick of living next to a train. It goes by my house every hour, on the hour, from 2 AM until 6 AM. It wakes me up every night.

Correct answer: (b) on
_________________________

What does in the hour mean ? Thx in advance

Sunshiney
Sunshiney

What does in the hour mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Sep 01, 2009 19:47 pm   What does in the hour mean?

If you said 'in the hour', that would mean within the duration of one hour as in: He'll be back from work in the hour - he'll be back before an hour has passed.

_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'knock on' mean here?inside vs sideMeaning of budsIf you should need someone?What does mortgage and pre-approved mean?Application of Financial Management in the business environment of Pakistan?what is butcher?'On hand' = 'in stock'"possibly" vs "probably"Meaning of "wrappin one's head around of something"What does "well-off" mean?Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?Difference in meaning between 'wager' and 'bet?