| #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 16, 2009 14:27 pm Whats the meaning of until and so that?
1. up to the time that or when; till: He read until his guests arrived.
2. before (usually used in negative constructions): They did not come until the meeting was half over.
3. onward to or till (a specified time or occurrence): She worked until 6 p.m.
4. before (usually used in negative constructions): He did not go until night.
5. Scot. and North England. to; unto.
18. in order that : Check carefully, so any mistakes will be caught.
19. with the result that : He checked carefully, so that the mistakes were caught.
Native English teacher at Mister Micawber's
Joined: 17 Jul 2005