benevolent; giving; unselfish; abundant; plentiful
generous
false
confidential
residential

What is a check-out lane?

Ought to vs. should | walk the dog?
What is a check-out lane? #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:42 am   What is a check-out lane?

ESL/EFL Test #121 "Real Life: Grocery Stores (1)", question 2

After shopping for groceries, people usually line up in ......... out lanes to pay for the products.

(a) buy
(b) check
(c) look
(d) food

ESL/EFL Test #121 "Real Life: Grocery Stores (1)", answer 2

After shopping for groceries, people usually line up in check out lanes to pay for the products.

Correct answer: (b) check

After shopping for groceries, people usually line up in buy out lanes to pay for the products.
_________________________

What does 'buy out lane' mean? In which case should the 'check out lane' be used?
Miklos

What is a check-out lane? #2 (permalink) Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:24 am   What is a check-out lane?

'Check out' is the right expression. 'Buy out' means buy a business that is smaller than yours with the idea of taking it over.

_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Ought to vs. should | walk the dog?
Difference between skating and skiingMeaning of the phrase "make people's day"need doing vs. needs to doMeaning of "policy holder"A question for native speakers of English.What does 'hide' mean?What does "we don't get to pick them" mean?an you imagine what our world would be likeCould you please explain what this sentence is about?Whats the meaning of until and so that?Present simple after 'when'?What's the meaning of batting an eyelid?Why eight degrees below zero? (temperature)