person who gives support to a superior; aide; helper
tour
commodity
pose
assistant

Meaning of "policy holder"

Meaning of "stand apart from" | What does 'hide' mean?
Meaning of "policy holder" #1 (permalink) Sun Sep 20, 2009 23:20 pm   Meaning of "policy holder"

ESL/EFL Test #667 "Real Life: Insurance Terms (2)", question 1

A ......... is a person who is named by a policy holder and compensated by an insurance company when a policy holder dies. This person is the one who receives the money that is paid out by the insurance company.

(a) broker
(b) agent
(c) beneficiary
(d) bond

ESL/EFL Test #667 "Real Life: Insurance Terms (2)", answer 1

A beneficiary is a person who is named by a policy holder and compensated by an insurance company when a policy holder dies. This person is the one who receives the money that is paid out by the insurance company.

Correct answer: (c) beneficiary
_________________________

what is a policy holder?

Mirko
Mirko

Meaning of "policy holder" #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:19 am   Meaning of "policy holder"

A policy holder is the person who takes out an insurance policy on his/her car, house, life etc. He/she is the person who pays an insurance company for the plan/policy coverage.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What is the meaning of gasket?"I am at hire" vs "I am for hire""out at sea" vs "out for sea"Difference between skating and skiingMeaning of the phrase "make people's day"need doing vs. needs to doA question for native speakers of English.walk the dog?What is a check-out lane?What does "we don't get to pick them" mean?an you imagine what our world would be likeCould you please explain what this sentence is about?Whats the meaning of until and so that?