monetary penalty; punishment which involves the payment of specified sum of money
component
possibility
fine
viewpoint

Difference between skating and skiing

A question for native speakers of English. | What's the meaning of batting an eyelid?
Difference between skating and skiing #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 23, 2009 19:22 pm   Difference between skating and skiing

ESL/EFL Test #118 "Weather Test (5)", question 1

The sport of gliding on ice with boots that have sharp, metal blades attached to their soles is called ..........

(a) skating
(b) sledding
(c) skiing

ESL/EFL Test #118 "Weather Test (5)", answer 1

The sport of gliding on ice with boots that have sharp, metal blades attached to their soles is called skating.

Correct answer: (a) skating
_________________________

Can you please tell me what is the difference between skating and skiing

Mona Ramzi
Mona Ramzi

Difference between skating and skiing #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 23, 2009 19:27 pm   Difference between skating and skiing

You skate on ice and ski on snow.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
contortionist vs. jugglerMeaning of "physical supply chain"Why the prep "at" isn't suitable?I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"?What is the meaning of gasket?"I am at hire" vs "I am for hire""out at sea" vs "out for sea"Meaning of the phrase "make people's day"need doing vs. needs to doMeaning of "policy holder"What does 'hide' mean?walk the dog?What is a check-out lane?