Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

predicted; expected; anticipated
incredible
exclusive
forecast
conversant
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is the meaning of gasket?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What's the meaning of batting an eyelid? | "I am at hire" vs "I am for hire"
listening exercises
What is the meaning of gasket? #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 24, 2009 14:06 pm   What is the meaning of gasket?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #435 "English Slang Idioms (174)", question 4

James was surprised that Jack had blown the ......... on his criminal plans. He offered Jack a lot of money to look the other way but he refused. He just didn't think that he would call the police on him too.

(a) trash
(b) lid
(c) seal
(d) gasket

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #435 "English Slang Idioms (174)", answer 4

James was surprised that Jack had blown the lid on his criminal plans. He offered Jack a lot of money to look the other way but he refused. He just didn't think that he would call the police on him too.

Correct answer: (b) lid

what is the meaning of gasket?

Mirko
Mirko

What is the meaning of gasket? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 24, 2009 15:51 pm   What is the meaning of gasket?

A gasket is a soft heatproof joint interposed between two metal surfaces, which are then bolted tightly together.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What's the meaning of batting an eyelid? | "I am at hire" vs "I am for hire"
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
what is commercial accounting? its importance and purpose?What are the corporate social responsibilities taken up by retail market?contortionist vs. jugglerMeaning of "physical supply chain"Why the prep "at" isn't suitable?I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"?"out at sea" vs "out for sea"Difference between skating and skiingMeaning of the phrase "make people's day"need doing vs. needs to doMeaning of "policy holder"A question for native speakers of English.What does 'hide' mean?