Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

back; hind
record
rear
prize
supportive
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
"out at sea" vs "out for sea" | What do you mean by Joneses?
listening exercises
I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"? #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:36 am   I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"?

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #663 "Prepositional Phrases - At, By, For and To (1)", question 8

Being laid-off took my completely ......... surprise. I just received a large performance-related bonus last month.

(a) at
(b) by
(c) for
(d) to

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #663 "Prepositional Phrases - At, By, For and To (1)", answer 8

Being laid-off took my completely by surprise. I just received a large performance-related bonus last month.

Correct answer: (b) by

I am unsure but is it possible that "my" should in fact be "me"? The way the sentence stands there does not make any sense to me. But after all I'm just an English student ^^ Thanks for a reply!

By the way, I think that your site is really really helpful to people who want to prepare for exams or just improve their English. ;-) Keep it up!

Mirko
Mirko

I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"? #2 (permalink) Fri Sep 25, 2009 14:26 pm   I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"?

I agree with you, Mirko.
That is definitely a typographical error, and your suggested correction is perfect.

Maybe the admin of this site will take the time to fix that.

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
"out at sea" vs "out for sea" | What do you mean by Joneses?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Phrase 'Make yourself comfortable'what is commercial accounting? its importance and purpose?What are the corporate social responsibilities taken up by retail market?contortionist vs. jugglerMeaning of "physical supply chain"Why the prep "at" isn't suitable?What is the meaning of gasket?"I am at hire" vs "I am for hire"Difference between skating and skiingMeaning of the phrase "make people's day"need doing vs. needs to doA question for native speakers of English.What does 'hide' mean?