back; hind
record
rear
prize
supportive

I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"?

"out at sea" vs "out for sea" | What do you mean by Joneses?
I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"? #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:36 am   I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"?

ESL/EFL Test #663 "Prepositional Phrases - At, By, For and To (1)", question 8

Being laid-off took my completely ......... surprise. I just received a large performance-related bonus last month.

(a) at
(b) by
(c) for
(d) to

ESL/EFL Test #663 "Prepositional Phrases - At, By, For and To (1)", answer 8

Being laid-off took my completely by surprise. I just received a large performance-related bonus last month.

Correct answer: (b) by
_________________________

I am unsure but is it possible that "my" should in fact be "me"? The way the sentence stands there does not make any sense to me. But after all I'm just an English student ^^ Thanks for a reply!

By the way, I think that your site is really really helpful to people who want to prepare for exams or just improve their English. ;-) Keep it up!

Mirko
Mirko

I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"? #2 (permalink) Fri Sep 25, 2009 14:26 pm   I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"?

I agree with you, Mirko.
That is definitely a typographical error, and your suggested correction is perfect.

Maybe the admin of this site will take the time to fix that.
_______________________________
“Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.” ~ Cicero
Esl_Expert

Location: Rhode Island, USA

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Phrase 'Make yourself comfortable'what is commercial accounting? its importance and purpose?What are the corporate social responsibilities taken up by retail market?contortionist vs. jugglerMeaning of "physical supply chain"Why the prep "at" isn't suitable?What is the meaning of gasket?"I am at hire" vs "I am for hire"Difference between skating and skiingMeaning of the phrase "make people's day"need doing vs. needs to doA question for native speakers of English.What does 'hide' mean?