to speak out against; to condemn; to accuse; to censure
asseverate
masquerade
impugn
denounce

TOEFLŪ essay: Not every learning comes from book

TOEFLŪ essay: Should government spend more money on improving roads and highways | Government should pay more attention to health care issues more than
TOEFL essay: Not every learning comes from book #1 (permalink) Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:31 am   TOEFL essay: Not every learning comes from book

Hi All this is my second essay in a row this day..can any one please rate them

As a child i always used to belive that what ever is written in textbooks is all that we should know.But as i grew up studying things i slowly began feeling that only small proportion of things are encapsulated in text books and that there is need to explore things out of textbook. This is true because it is not possible for any one to cover all the learnings in textbook.In my opinion there are two kinds of learnings one that comes from books and the other one that comes from experience.

One reason i think not ever learning comes from book is that there are so many areas to cover and covering them up will require a large amount of time and money.For example if an world's history author wants to cover entire history in a book it will take one lifetime to cover.It's also not practical also to cover entire thing because most of courses will be of short duration like one semeseter or one year.So students might be studying subset of the course.The crux here is that students learn only small proportion from textbooks.

Other reason i think not all learning comes from books is that there are some things which you can learn only through experience like riding bike,car,swimming,cycling etc.It is only through experience we can learn these things.For example nobody learns swimming from books.And there are also certain things which we havent put them on books like study of outer space etc.For these things to be on book first we need to experience them.

Finally i think everyone should keep in mind that books are only like navigators.
They guide us and give a starting stance to our pursuit of knowledge.There may be lot of things still waiting outside to be explored.Because of all the above reasons i believe that not everything that is learned is contained in books.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and a departmental secretary
Sandy_321

Some college and universities allow student to declare their majors only afterEvery generation of people is different in important ways. How is your generationTOEFLŪ essay: Some people believe that success in life comes by taking chancesA person you know is planning to move to your town or city...TOEFLŪ essay: One should never judge person by external apperancesTOEFLŪ essay: Qualities of room mateShould governments spend more money on improving roads and highways,...TOEFLŪ essay writing structureThe value of any nation's success should be measured more by its scientific...Countries should not isolate themselves from the world but instead engage otherAgree or disagree? The best way to travel is in a group led by a tour guide.Believe or not something about essay in TOEFLŪSome people believe that university students should be required to attend classes