part of an object designed to be gripped by the hand; fist name; nickname; code name; title
house
handle
defect
briefing

Can't we use 'get on' instead of 'come on', what's the defference between them?

what's the meaning of scarecrows? | What is the difference between success and fame?
Can't we use 'get on' instead of 'come on', what's the defference between them? #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 02, 2009 15:11 pm   Can't we use 'get on' instead of 'come on', what's the defference between them?

Business English Courses, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #19 "Late Again", question 6

Or what? ......... on, tell me.

(a) Get
(b) Come
(c) Take
(d) Put

ESL/EFL Test #19 "Late Again", answer 6

Or what? Come on, tell me.

Correct answer: (b) Come
_________________________

Can't we use "get on" instead of" come on" , what's the defference between them?
Lotinmaxceau

Location: Cayes, HAITI

Can't we use 'get on' instead of 'come on', what's the defference between them? #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:56 am   Can't we use 'get on' instead of 'come on', what's the defference between them?

'Get on' is not idiomatic-- we might use 'Get on with it', but that is rude, not persuasive.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What is an appliance?Is fortuitous a noun or an adjective?What does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift?What does this expression mean: "the dog and pony show"?Use the American word 'truck' instead of the English word 'lorry'What does aftretaste mean?Phrase 'Make yourself comfortable'what is commercial accounting? its importance and purpose?What are the corporate social responsibilities taken up by retail market?There is no doubt at all?What do you mean HOW?Expression: lost on himMeaning of target