person or thing that is the same
equal
estate
work
policy

What does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift?

Chases (verb or noun) | What is an appliance?
What does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift? #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 04, 2009 23:19 pm   What does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift?

"I know that you are good at Law, as am I, and I was wondering if you would want to ......... forces and study for the final exam together," Tim said to Paul.

(a) join
(b) jacket
(c) jaunt
(d) jam

"I know that you are good at Law, as am I, and I was wondering if you would want to join forces and study for the final exam together," Tim said to Paul.

Correct answer: (a) join
_________________________

what does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift
Scotty

What does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift? #2 (permalink) Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:02 am   What does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift?

Scotsmen are unfairly but traditionally considered very thrifty at all times and for all concerns.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Can "time" be an option besides "chance" here?What is the difference between "chance" and "opportunity"?What's the difference between timetable and schedule?Definition of standard practice procedure for home inspectorsWhat is the difference between adverbs and adjectives?Is fortuitous a noun or an adjective?What's the diference between right away and straighaway?What does this expression mean: "the dog and pony show"?Use the American word 'truck' instead of the English word 'lorry'what's the meaning of scarecrows?Can't we use 'get on' instead of 'come on', what's the defference between them?What does come to an end mean?What is the difference between success and fame?