Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

person or thing that is the same
equal
estate
work
policy
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Chases (verb or noun) | What is an appliance?
listening exercises
What does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift? #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 04, 2009 23:19 pm   What does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #515 "English Slang Idioms (257)", question 1

"I know that you are good at Law, as am I, and I was wondering if you would want to ......... forces and study for the final exam together," Tim said to Paul.

(a) join
(b) jacket
(c) jaunt
(d) jam

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #515 "English Slang Idioms (257)", answer 1

"I know that you are good at Law, as am I, and I was wondering if you would want to join forces and study for the final exam together," Tim said to Paul.

Correct answer: (a) join

what does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift
Scotty

What does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift? #2 (permalink) Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:02 am   What does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift?

Scotsmen are unfairly but traditionally considered very thrifty at all times and for all concerns.

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Chases (verb or noun) | What is an appliance?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Can "time" be an option besides "chance" here?What is the difference between "chance" and "opportunity"?What's the difference between timetable and schedule?Definition of standard practice procedure for home inspectorsWhat is the difference between adverbs and adjectives?Is fortuitous a noun or an adjective?What's the diference between right away and straighaway?What does this expression mean: "the dog and pony show"?Use the American word 'truck' instead of the English word 'lorry'what's the meaning of scarecrows?Can't we use 'get on' instead of 'come on', what's the defference between them?What does come to an end mean?What is the difference between success and fame?