to come near to; to tackle (a problem or situation)
approach
grasp
conjure
enter

What is the difference between "chance" and "opportunity"?

Can "time" be an option besides "chance" here? | What's the difference between timetable and schedule?
What is the difference between "chance" and "opportunity"? #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:33 am   What is the difference between "chance" and "opportunity"?

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #128 "Ways of disapproving", question 9

He told me there was definitely no ......... that I would pass my examination until I did some work.

(a) occasion
(b) chance
(c) opportunity
(d) time

ESL/EFL Test #128 "Ways of disapproving", answer 9

He told me there was definitely no chance that I would pass my examination until I did some work.

Correct answer: (b) chance
_________________________

_________________
Thank you very much,
Hieu Phan.

P/s: Please just correct if I'm wrong somewhere!
Hieupt

What is the difference between "chance" and "opportunity"? #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:51 am   What is the difference between "chance" and "opportunity"?

Chances are luckier.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'trustworthy' mean?run after is to chaselook through vs look overthen I pick the word "local " to complete it like newspaperI think I can use either "Use or employ"In that case, which is the best to use? Actual, factual or...a computer monitor vs a computer patternDefinition of standard practice procedure for home inspectorsWhat is the difference between adverbs and adjectives?What is an appliance?Is fortuitous a noun or an adjective?What's the diference between right away and straighaway?What does this mean? being a scot believed that the art of writing lay in thrift?