to take for granted; to dare; to venture; to take liberties; to permit oneself
size
subside
presume
gauge

Are there the same; ING form and present continuous tense?

Come over vs come along | Kept telling - (keep + gerund)
Are there the same; ING form and present continuous tense? #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 10, 2009 16:22 pm   Are there the same; ING form and present continuous tense?

ESL/EFL Test #124 "English tense explanations (2)", question 9

We say: he is walking home now and that means at this ......... and is the Present continuous tense.

(a) day
(b) period
(c) moment
(d) occasion

ESL/EFL Test #124 "English tense explanations (2)", answer 9

We say: he is walking home now and that means at this moment and is the Present continuous tense.

Correct answer: (c) moment
_________________________

are there the same; ING form and present continuous tense
Lotinmaxceau

Location: Cayes, HAITI

Are there the same; ING form and present continuous tense? #2 (permalink) Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:52 am   Are there the same; ING form and present continuous tense?

'-ing' is a verb ending which is used as a part of the present continuous aspect, yes; it also includes the verb 'be' (for instance, 'am/is/are running'. '-Ing' also forms gerunds, adjectives and nonfinite verbs.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
He is not tall enough to ride the roller coaster yet?What does bubbly mean?Shouldn't it be: I can't keep anything down?What does hurdle mean?What does just blows hot and cold mean?Why were people calling him bad names?'loyal to her predecessor' vs 'attached to her predecessor'What does 'trustworthy' mean?run after is to chaseMay I use anything in positive sentence?What is table top mountain?Where is Bahamas?look through vs look over