to express excitement; to motivate
slice
enthuse
entrance
funnel

The merry month of May

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

the songbird | trump must leave the dragon alone
The merry month of May #121 (permalink) Sat Jun 01, 2013 20:02 pm   The merry month of May

Dear Kati! I'm so sorry. Of course I sent it to you. But you mentioned Claudia-and I did mistake. I don't know why, but I must wait a long time to log to to ETN and to forum. It makes me nervous.

So once more!:Dear Kati!

"So by way of compensation I sent some clouds to Claudia and I remembered Toledo where I had been and I saw Greco's studio on a mountain or a hill where he could see a panoramic view for Toledo. The sky as a glass-bell was around him, he had taken delight in the sky and the clouds."

It is super Kati, that you had been in Toledo. I also was there, many years ago.

And I was really enchanted. I never could see any town earlier, which so strongly impressed me. On the hill, and the river around it. The castle, catedral, El Greco museum. Do you remember the knight in the armour outside the door?

It is nice to recollect.

I'm also waiting for the better weather. So far, there are no good conditions to play tennis.

Your Alicja:)).
Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

The merry month of May #122 (permalink) Sat Jun 01, 2013 20:14 pm   The merry month of May

Dear Kati! I don't know, but I must wait a long time to log to to ETN and to forum. It makes me nervous.

This message was for you.Not to Claudia. Sorry.
Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
The merry month of May #123 (permalink) Sat Jun 01, 2013 21:35 pm   The merry month of May

Dear Alicja,

It was good to read what you said about my pics. It happens as I said, after a week of terribly gloomy weather,shivery we came home from the shopping, and I got out the corridor and I saw this glittering vine-leaves.The sun has just come out. It was a sensual pleasure to see the light. I am not a good photographer and immediately told my husband that to give me the camera. He saw it how it is setting and waved his hand in a resignation, it is good to you because it's automatic. And he was right, for me the simplest if it is automatic. But I was excited that I could photograph this miracle. And I succeeded. You can see that the clouds have been blanking up only we didn't know in which direction will come. As you know the came towards us. But the summer will come.
There's no getting away from it.

Yesterday was The Comedy of Errors you wanted to send the clouds to Claudia at least you sent to one of his friends but not to me and so neither Claudia, nor your friend couldn't thank to you only me.

So by way of compensation I sent some clouds to Claudia and I remembered Toledo where I had been and I saw Greco's studio on a mountain or a hill where he could see a panoramic view for Toledo. The sky as a glass-bell was around him, he had taken delight in the sky and the clouds.

Bye dear Alicje:
Kati
_________________

The merry month of May #124 (permalink) Sat Jun 01, 2013 22:28 pm   The merry month of May

Dear Alicja,

I have been there about 20 years ago,
Here you can bring Toledo Panorama this picture is very good.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/Spanien_ToledoPanorama3.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Toledo_Skyline_Panorama%2C_Spain_-_Dec_2006.jpg

Here is Toledo Cathedral, from Plaza del Ayuntamiento

When we were the El Greco museum my husband was joking that he didn't wonder that Greco, painted so much clouds.

Unfortunately, I forgot the knight in the armor outside the door.

Till I was writing the letter to you I saw your next letters here below that you could very difficult to go to the Forum. Sometimes I am trying for an hour, and I wrote to Tortsen that hep me to connect. He always immediately helps.It is very time-consuming to connect. I am beforehand always nervous that what how long does it take to connect.

Good night.

Kati
_________________

The merry month of May #125 (permalink) Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:22 am   The merry month of May

Dear Kati!

Thank you for pictures from Toledo. They are fantastic! I copied them at once to my computer. I also was in Toledo over 20 years ago. It was time when we Polish people couldn't get visa to Spain.

So we had to use a dodge, by getting visa to Portugal, and having it we got transit visa to Spain.

This way, going to and fro, to Portugal, we were able to explore the all Spain, going first through the north Spain, and back to Poland through south Spain, and then all the south coast of Europe to Poland.

It is the great (and maybe the only) adventage to belonging to EU, that now we can travel without visa.

But it was time when I travelled the most. You can call it the irony of the fate.

Thank you once more.

Your Alicja.
Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

The merry month of May #126 (permalink) Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 am   The merry month of May

Dear Alicje,

Sorry that I didn't answer you here because in the pm I wrote everything. I wrote about that my husband till he has the strength we went boating on the Danube. Once I took a short video then I didn't know that the next year we wouldn't have strength to carry down and up the boat with its motor to the Danube. The way is very short but very steep. So our boat is in the garage. We have some photos about these trips, all day on the Danube and this short video.

http://www.english-test.net/forum/sutra528008.html#528008

Bye:
Kati
_________________

The merry month of May #127 (permalink) Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:56 am   The merry month of May

Dear Kati!

I watched the video. I can imagine how nice were your holidays and weekends, having such possibility of spending time on the water.

Thank you for the message.

Today in the morning, I had easy acces to ETN, on the contrary to yesterday.

Is it possible that Torsten or Bess helped me?

Alicja:))
Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

The merry month of May #128 (permalink) Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:59 am   The merry month of May

Dear Kati!
I hope you will be able to get to my PM. In my message I sent you a piece of my novel, that I started to write. My mobile phone was blocked by Orange. I sent the complaint to Orange headquater, and I hope to get my mobile active(for outside sms). You are welcomed to my every phone, anytime a day. I'm sorry about your problems connected with the weather, and generally about all your trouble.

Internet is worse and worse to use it.

Your Alicja.
Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

The merry month of May #129 (permalink) Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:33 am   The merry month of May

Dear Kati!

Internet is worse and worse to use it.

Your Alicja.
Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

The merry month of May #130 (permalink) Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:57 am   The merry month of May

Many thanks!!!!!

At last I could connect but dear Alicje I read your pm. but I will answer later because now I have an appointment with my doctor.

Many thanks that I could connect again.

Regards:
_________________

The merry month of May #131 (permalink) Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:16 pm   The merry month of May

Hello Alicje,

As almost all Europe is under the flood Hungary isn't expect. The people every day say an other number of the highest point of the Danube. As we know in Passau it was the highest flood in the latest 500 years. Last time in the Moyen age was similar flood there. Here in Hungary say that the highest point will be higher than 50 years ago. As the highest point in Budapest will be on the next Monday everybody says other things. They say from each day to the other 15-20 centimeters more than the previous day.

We have to leave our village- house on the bank of the Danube - as we have to be near our doctor as the village had been closed yesterday because the single road which you can go into the village was under water. In Hungary on the Danube only this single ferry shuttling because the bread, milk they have to transport in the village.As it is an island and now the flood made from it two islands because it had been cut -where is a deeper road the Danube inundated it earlier .

I could feel sorry for this little ferry because it is difficult for it goes through the drifting.

When we left our house the Danube was in our garden.

This is the bank

She entered into our garden.

This is the rose which I had sent to Alan in full boom on Wed May 29, 2013, and now on 6th June 2014 the plant showed his first burgeon.

I am looking forward to your letter.

BYE: Kati
_________________

The merry month of May #132 (permalink) Thu Jun 06, 2013 19:24 pm   The merry month of May

Dear Kati!
When I see your pictures, I get the goose flesh. I believe you left safely endangered place.
I had also busy day. I had a encounter with Orange. The woman from Orange, as the answer to my internet complain, called me. She said that they didn't blocked my phone, onle my account in it was empty. I was surprised, because I use this phone rarely, and I have there a spared money.She said that I made use from special offers. It wasn't true, because I deleted every rubbish, right away.
I must wait to the 9 of June for a new loading.
After my explanation and my next complain, to the bok@orange.pl -for the returning my money, I got very polite e-mail, that they are going to to take it into consideration, and the proposed me a cooperation.
But the email post worked today wery badly, and it took me a lot time, and it damaged my nerves.
So that I wasn't bored, I had electrician to remove the spoiled lamp in the kitchen
and my English conversation lesson. Now I'm watching a semi-finales on the tennis courts in Paris., and write to you Kati.
It will be miracle, when I will be able to send it to you.

Your Alicja
Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

The merry month of May #133 (permalink) Thu Jun 06, 2013 22:46 pm   The merry month of May

http://www.english-test.net/forum/sutra529391.html#529391

Dear Alicje,

Read it please this link. Two days ago it happened also I sent to Torsten my test, and he answered that it is 10/10. Then the same mistake repeated itself. I believed that this mistake happened again. As Torsten didn't answer I thought that can be other mistake. And slowly the penny dropped. Oh, I told myself " you walked into the trap". As I wrote for the second times I wrote the good answer "besides" and this mysterious person corrected "beside" I swallowed the bait. And I write again and again "beside" and I believed that that mistake happened again.

And this wasn't enough for the mysterious person my letter could had been copied several times - I think that I become ridiculous. I know how I could delete the superfluous copies, there is always an x the last letter and one after the other I could always delete them till remains only one. Now this person didn't give me this possibility,

He/She wanted to make me an idiot, whatever happened.

So Alicje we can speak by phone. This was the last straw which broke the camel's back.

I liked this course whereas fewer and fewer people loved me. I have to consider what mistake I've made ?

Take care:
Kati
_________________
_________________

The merry month of May #134 (permalink) Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:13 am   The merry month of May

Dear Kati!
I'm sorry, but not everything is clear for me, in your message. Of course, I understand that you wrote the test, and you suspect someone, to make a fool of you.
I suppose that you are mistaken. I'm nearly sure, that nobody is estimating or correcting it personally, but it is done automaticly by computer. And as you know, computers are doing mistakes.
Our ETN has so many participants, that it would be impossible to do it for one or a couple persons. Not to say, what cost it would drag.

So don't worry please, and do your tests-when it is interesting for you.
It is(maybe stupid) advise for you.
Don't care of it, how much people love you here. It is not our aim to be here.

Be patient.
Your Alicja.
Alicja1

Location: Poland Gliwice

Hello Katy #135 (permalink) Sun Jun 09, 2013 17:57 pm   Hello Katy

Hello Katy,
how are you? It's been quite some time we don't exchange messages?
I can see from your pictures that you've been going through some difficult times there in your country.
I hope it's already getting back to normal.
You sure should go to a safer place while the place you live is offering some danger. But I'm sure it will soon get back to normal.
I attended some skype sessions the last few days and I missed you a lot there. I hope we can meet again on line.
Talk to you more soon. Best wishes.
Yours,
Mauricio.
B_Learner

trump must quit the climatetrump mustn't tweetfunny photostrump must reform fbi and cia.I'm seriously learning Chinese.reading people's photosImpressions by the best truck driver in Europe?Online Marketing Course by GoogleWhat do you think of this UPS truck?Under Stars -- New album by Amy Macdonald?Putin can't talkthe manlonely year 2017