to expend money or effort for future benefits; to grant; to install; to cover; to authorize
reference
invest
counter
press

What is a paint job?

Keep in touch means maintain communications | What is base tax?
What is a paint job? #1 (permalink) Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:05 am   What is a paint job?

"Did you hear the news? Ben and Paula are an ......... now. Ben told Mark that they have been dating for about two weeks but haven't told anyone in the office yet," Rick told Gladice.

(a) unit
(b) couple
(c) item
(d) arrangement

"Did you hear the news? Ben and Paula are an item now. Ben told Mark that they have been dating for about two weeks but haven't told anyone in the office yet," Rick told Gladice.

Correct answer: (c) item
_________________________

paint job
Painty

What is a paint job? #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:05 am   What is a paint job?

A task painting something, as a house or fence.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'apple of your eye'What does frail mean?What does affable mean?Go into a contract vs. enter into a contract?He looked out vs. he was looking out...Tsunamis are caused by...?Meaning of 'persistence'What is an object lesson?What's the difference between 'belong with' and 'belong to'Check vs. charge the battery?Phrase: Do you trust me?How to use the English articles?'area code for London' vs. 'area code of London'