portable personal computer; laptop computer
notebook
landscape
mentor
impulse

on Halloween vs at Halloween

Sentence: The only teachers who were required to attend the meeting were George | "racehorse" vs "racing horse"
on Halloween vs at Halloween #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:58 am   on Halloween vs at Halloween

I've always got confused about the prepositions used before some holidays. e.g., on Halloween or at Halloween?

Halloween is just one day, so it seems correct to say 'on Halloween'?
Rynssen

Location: Shanghai, PRC

on Halloween vs at Halloween #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:09 am   on Halloween vs at Halloween

Yes, but 'at' is possible, too.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Please photocopy this page OR paperArticle: I live in an/the old house near the station.origin of expression "dance tea"in vs of (The increase of/in atmospheric greenhouse...)must/should + perfective...difference between "need for" and "need of".Net income vs. profitOn the coming Sunday / in the coming Sunday?How would you rate the lyrics of "World comin' down on me"?WhetherI'm already here. vs Iím already arriving. vs Iím already come.what time would you be available today? or when would you be available? or wouldFor or To? (First Drug Stores for/to the Public.)