Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

corporation; firm; ensemble; association with another
book
company
coordinate
airport
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

difference between "need for" and "need of".

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
For or To? (First Drug Stores for/to the Public.) | origin of expression "dance tea"
listening exercises
difference between "need for" and "need of". #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:45 am   difference between "need for" and "need of".

Please explain me the diffference between "need for" and "need of".
Thank you
Akram
Akram
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

difference between "need for" and "need of". #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:42 am   difference between "need for" and "need of".

If you are in need of something, you need it or ought to have it.
If there is a need for something, that thing would improve a situation or something cannot happen without it.

Maybe other experts would give you a better idea.

P/s: Please just correct if I'm wrong somewhere!
Hieupt
I'm here quite often ;-)

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
For or To? (First Drug Stores for/to the Public.) | origin of expression "dance tea"
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
'Had been' vs 'was'The window is wrongly closed. vs The window is badly closed.I am poor at playing the piano. vs I am poor in playing the piano.Redirecting or forwarding a questiongive someone the creepsIt was all (s)he could do (not) to. . .Please photocopy this page OR paperWhat does "it's up to you" mean?Article: I live in an/the old house near the station.in vs of (The increase of/in atmospheric greenhouse...)must/should + perfective...Net income vs. profiton Halloween vs at Halloween