exit; electrical source for connecting appliances; store; shop; joint
corruption
outlet
affinity
expression

What does "it's up to you" mean?

The window is wrongly closed. vs The window is badly closed. | Please find awkward expressions in the text
What does "it's up to you" mean? #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 22, 2009 16:51 pm   What does "it's up to you" mean?

"It's up to you" - does mean that you can make choise, but I think it's slang phrase, is there any formal one in English?
Tanya_88

Location: Moscow Russia

Explain please #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 22, 2009 17:22 pm   Explain please

"The choice is yours to make".
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What does "it's up to you" mean? #3 (permalink) Thu Oct 22, 2009 18:35 pm   What does "it's up to you" mean?

It is you who decides and chooses not someone else. Eg: It is up to you to go or stay.
Nedira

Location: Algeria

What does "it's up to you" mean? #4 (permalink) Thu Oct 22, 2009 19:55 pm   What does "it's up to you" mean?

It's up to you.

(more or less)= It's you who makes the decision. You decide.

e.g. Helen: Shall I wear this skirt or that one tonight?
Mikel: I don't know. It's up to you.
_________________
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. Oscar Wilde
Michal. I'm an english student :-)
Michauek

Location: Poland

What does "it's up to you" mean? #5 (permalink) Fri Oct 23, 2009 16:22 pm   What does "it's up to you" mean?

But I asked about phrases which has similar meaning and can be used instead the phrase I have typed for example. Yes I know meaning of this phrase. :)
Tanya_88

Location: Moscow Russia

Explain please #6 (permalink) Fri Oct 23, 2009 16:24 pm   Explain please

Thanks. You have understood my question
Tanya_88

Location: Moscow Russia

Letter: I started working here last weekend, I was lucky to get this job...appreciate vs appreciatirely'Had been' vs 'was'Is it possible to say: "a person's vision deteriorates"?"English Verb Tenses" annoy me! what should I do?!I am poor at playing the piano. vs I am poor in playing the piano.Redirecting or forwarding a questiongive someone the creepsIt was all (s)he could do (not) to. . .Please photocopy this page OR paperArticle: I live in an/the old house near the station.origin of expression "dance tea"in vs of (The increase of/in atmospheric greenhouse...)