foundation; grounding
duress
relief
basis
colleague

Please photocopy this page OR paper

Article: I live in an/the old house near the station. | On the coming Sunday / in the coming Sunday?
Please photocopy this page OR paper #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 22, 2009 19:35 pm   Please photocopy this page OR paper

My respected teachers

1: ''Write it on your phone and save it.'' OR ''Write it in your phone and save it.''?

2: ''I'm at someone's home.'' OR ''I'm at someone else's home.'' ?

3: ''I'll download this game to your phone.'' OR ''I'll download this game in your phone.'' ?

4: ''Please photocopy this page OR paper.''?

5: ''I am going to get this page OR paper photocopied.''?

Thanks a million!
Untaught

Location: Islamabad

'Please photocopy this page OR paper #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 22, 2009 19:55 pm   'Please photocopy this page OR paper

1: ''Write it on your phone and save it.'' OR ''Write it in your phone and save it.''? Are you going to write in on your your phone with a marker?
use just "Save it to your phone."

I am at my friend's home. I an at John's home. I am not at home at the moment, I am at John's.

3: ''I'll download this game to your phone.'' OR ''I'll download this game in your phone.'' ? to your phone

4: ''Please photocopy this page OR paper.''? Depends on CONTEXT. A paper (an article) may consist of several pages.

5: ''I am going to get this page OR paper photocopied.''? Depends on context. A paper (an article) may consist of several pages.

Thanks a million![/quote]
_________________
conĚtext - The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning.
Milanya

Location: Texas, USA (at present)

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
'Had been' vs 'was'The window is wrongly closed. vs The window is badly closed.I am poor at playing the piano. vs I am poor in playing the piano.Redirecting or forwarding a questionWhat does "it's up to you" mean?origin of expression "dance tea"in vs of (The increase of/in atmospheric greenhouse...)must/should + perfective...difference between "need for" and "need of".Net income vs. profiton Halloween vs at Halloween"racehorse" vs "racing horse"How would you rate the lyrics of "World comin' down on me"?