Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to cede; to surrender; to give up; to forsake; to abandon
seek
relinquish
move
postpone
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Redirecting or forwarding a question

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
origin of expression "dance tea" | I am poor at playing the piano. vs I am poor in playing the piano.
listening exercises
Redirecting or forwarding a question #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 23, 2009 13:20 pm   Redirecting or forwarding a question

Let's say I ask a question to somebody, and that person tells me to ask somebody else who is more likely to have the answer.

What would I tell that other person to let him know about this?

Would "Mike forwarded me to you" be ok? To me that sounds like it refers more to the person, and not to the question. What is the most common way of handling this?
Pebu

Redirecting or forwarding a question #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 23, 2009 13:52 pm   Redirecting or forwarding a question

"Mike told me to ask you."

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Redirecting or forwarding a question #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 23, 2009 14:18 pm   Redirecting or forwarding a question

Thank you for answering!
Pebu

origin of expression "dance tea" | I am poor at playing the piano. vs I am poor in playing the piano.
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
appreciate vs appreciatirely'Had been' vs 'was'The window is wrongly closed. vs The window is badly closed.give someone the creepsIt was all (s)he could do (not) to. . .Please photocopy this page OR paperWhat does "it's up to you" mean?Article: I live in an/the old house near the station.in vs of (The increase of/in atmospheric greenhouse...)must/should + perfective...difference between "need for" and "need of".Net income vs. profitOn the coming Sunday / in the coming Sunday?