terrible; awful; disgusting
horrible
crowded
characteristic
feasible

wrinkles vs. twists

see + infinitive vs. see + gerund | What does "bye for now" mean?
wrinkles vs. twists #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:28 am   wrinkles vs. twists

ESL/EFL Test #22 "Quality Control", question 5

The great thing about this particular material is that however much you screw it up, it never ..........

(a) wrinkles
(b) twists
(c) turns
(d) folds

ESL/EFL Test #22 "Quality Control", answer 5

The great thing about this particular material is that however much you screw it up, it never wrinkles.

Correct answer: (a) wrinkles
_________________________

Could you indicate the different among 4 above adjs? I see their meaning is rather equivalent. And, screw up- what does it mean?
Tks a lot,
Loverose394

wrinkles vs. twists #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:28 am   wrinkles vs. twists

Hi Loverose,

These are all verbs. 'Wrinkle' suggests crease as in small lines appear in the material. 'Twist' means turn from side to side, 'turn' means move to another side and 'fold' could suggest making it half the size - you fold a piece of paper in half.

_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Fleeing the countryIs she bringing you down?meaning of cigarette paperWhat does 'take the heat' mean?For no other reason?Why did it use 'go' instead of 'went'?The average game developer's compensation is around 100 000 bucks...aggressive vs argumentativeI wonder where are the questions of Irregular Verbs Test (1)?I paid for the shoes alreadyWhat does to prey on mean?fully vs. completelyWhy can't we say 'Geraniums been growing here'?