Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

terrible; awful; disgusting
horrible
crowded
characteristic
feasible
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

wrinkles vs. twists

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
see + infinitive vs. see + gerund | What does "bye for now" mean?
listening exercises
wrinkles vs. twists #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:28 am   wrinkles vs. twists

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #22 "Quality Control", question 5

The great thing about this particular material is that however much you screw it up, it never ..........

(a) wrinkles
(b) twists
(c) turns
(d) folds

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #22 "Quality Control", answer 5

The great thing about this particular material is that however much you screw it up, it never wrinkles.

Correct answer: (a) wrinkles

Hi,
Could you indicate the different among 4 above adjs? I see their meaning is rather equivalent. And, screw up- what does it mean?
Tks a lot,
Loverose394
You can meet me at english-test.net

wrinkles vs. twists #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:28 am   wrinkles vs. twists

Hi Loverose,

These are all verbs. 'Wrinkle' suggests crease as in small lines appear in the material. 'Twist' means turn from side to side, 'turn' means move to another side and 'fold' could suggest making it half the size - you fold a piece of paper in half.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
see + infinitive vs. see + gerund | What does "bye for now" mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Fleeing the countryIs she bringing you down?meaning of cigarette paperWhat does 'take the heat' mean?For no other reason?Why did it use 'go' instead of 'went'?The average game developer's compensation is around 100 000 bucks...aggressive vs argumentativeI wonder where are the questions of Irregular Verbs Test (1)?I paid for the shoes alreadyWhat does to prey on mean?fully vs. completelyWhy can't we say 'Geraniums been growing here'?