yearly date commemorating a special event; birthday
examination
challenge
wool
anniversary

Moor House.( Part 3.)

MOOR HOUSE, part two. | i don't understand
Moor House.( Part 3.) #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:36 pm   Moor House.( Part 3.)

there came a tremendous crash from downstairs. They both sat up in alarm.

Jennie was really nervous, but Philip told her to stay in bed, and grasping a heavy brass candlestick from the bedside, he cautiously descended the stairs.

As he neared the bottom steps he saw that the huge front-door was standing wide open. He hurried across the hall and closed and securely fastened it.
In his mind he was certain that he had locked it on his first tour around the ground floor.
He shook his head humourlessly, reminding himself to buy a new lock the next time he was in town.
In the meantime he would wedge a chair under the door-handle to make sure that nobody could gain entry.

He made another tour of the ground floor and satisfied himself that every access point was fastened securely.

As he once again ascended the stairs he heard Jennie scream. He ran as fast as he could to their bedroom.
She had the blankets held up to her chin in fear.
"Whatever is the problem?," asked Philip.
Jennie struggled for words, "I thought I saw a shadow pass the bedroom door and go down the hall," she squealed.
Once again Philip toured the first and second floors and found nothing untoward, except he noted that the small back bedroom smelled a little damp. Another thing to be checked-out, he thought.

Returning to his bed he calmed Jennies fears and they both snuggled down for further sleep.

Dawn was breaking when Philip awoke, so he went downstairs to the kitchen with the intention of making coffee for them both. He was utterly gob-smacked to see the huge front-door again standing wide open. The chair which he had placed under the door handle was once again back against the wall, where it had previously been.

He decided to not mention this to Jennie. There had to be a rational explanation to whatever had happened...there just had to be.

Philip made coffee for himself, and sat alone in the kitchen drinking, trying to think of a plausible explanation for what had just occurred.
He watched as the sun rose over the moors, and his worries evaporated with the heart-warming view before him.
What a fantastic place to live.
He was sure Jennie and he would have a happy life here together. If only he'd known..........

Kitos. To be continued.
_________________

Moor House.( Part 3.) #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 31, 2009 13:22 pm   Moor House.( Part 3.)

A very nice story Kitosdad. I'm looking forward for the rest of it.
Many thanks for sharing.

nzuahp
_________________
Practice makes perfect.
Nzuahp

Location: New York

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Moor House.( Part 3.) #3 (permalink) Sat Oct 31, 2009 14:08 pm   Moor House.( Part 3.)

You are very welcome Nzuahp. I really have no idea where this is leading to yet.

I often do this and hope for heavenly intervention to help me reach a conclusion.

Some author me, eh! :) :)

_________________

Moor House.( Part 3.) #4 (permalink) Fri May 28, 2010 22:10 pm   Moor House.( Part 3.)

Heading for the next part. Really enjoyed it Bill, thank you. :-)

Mixmixi
_________________
Let's make a deal; I'll correct every single one of your grammatical mistakes AND YOU DO THE SAME FAVOUR FOR ME.
Mixmixi

Location: A better place to be

Moor House.( Part 3.) #5 (permalink) Sat May 29, 2010 16:41 pm   Moor House.( Part 3.)

Thank you Bill, as usual, a real page-turner. I'm curious about the end. :-)
Kitosdad wrote:
I like the way you express yourself...
_________________
Who dares to teach must never cease to learn. -John Cotton Dana
Richard

Location: Malaysia (at present)

Moor House.( Part 3.) #6 (permalink) Sat May 29, 2010 22:01 pm   Moor House.( Part 3.)

Looking forward to read this story further! You are a great writer Mr.Kitos :)
_________________
Just a confused kid... trying to live through twists & turns of life!
------
Everything Is Temporary!
Katty2010

Location: GaintPeach

I want to say this...2010 and we still get this?Tap your inner geniusEU BID TO RAISE RETIREMENT TO 70I am going to the downtown. vs I am going downtown.Frustrated in teaching?Know any big words?Who is your favourite moderator/language coach?What is probability?How To Speak Excellent English In 6 Months Or LessHow does this scam work?Teaching and LearningBest English Speeling and Grammar checker software.