Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

supplementary; auxiliary; secondary; lesser in importance
dismal
domestic
subsidiary
pervasive
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Can you explain have, had we have had or also apostrphe e.g. james's or james'

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
"loved ones" instead of "loves ones" | What does stress-free mean?
listening exercises
Can you explain have, had we have had or also apostrphe e.g. james's or james' #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:43 am   Can you explain have, had we have had or also apostrphe e.g. james's or james'

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #754 "Real Life: Healthcare Treatment (1)", question 1

When I cut my finger, I put a ......... on the wound to stop the bleeding and to prevent infections.

(a) test
(b) bandage
(c) slice
(d) tape

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #754 "Real Life: Healthcare Treatment (1)", answer 1

When I cut my finger, I put a bandage on the wound to stop the bleeding and to prevent infections.

Correct answer: (b) bandage

Can you explain have, had we have had or also apostrphe e.g james's or james'

Also any comprehension sites where i answer questions on text

MiraRutherfords
MiraRutherfords

Can you explain have, had we have had or also apostrphe e.g. james's or james' #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:14 pm   Can you explain have, had we have had or also apostrphe e.g. james's or james'

Have -- present tense
Had -- past tense
Have had -- present perfect tense

James's

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have in our English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms Forum.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
"loved ones" instead of "loves ones" | What does stress-free mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does give you my word mean?broadsided him in the worst way? meaning?Meaning of sworeHe is quite handsome. vs He is quite unimportant.Meaning of safeWho was jeffersons nival?What is meaning of hog future?What does "throw you a curve" mean?What is documentation?'By all means, take a few.' vs 'At all means, take a few.'walk on eggshells? - be careful with him? thanks!'The teacher warned the children' vs 'The teacher warn the children'Meaning of out-and-out