comprehensive; complete; finished
independent
minute
thorough
outdoor

What is turnpike and crosswalk?

She got off the bus | The sun is shining.
What is turnpike and crosswalk? #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:11 pm   What is turnpike and crosswalk?

ESL/EFL Test #128 "Real Life: Transportation (1)", question 1

Sally went downtown last week. First, she walked out of her house and then she had to cross the street, on foot, at the ..........

(a) railway crossing
(b) crosswalk
(c) turnpike

ESL/EFL Test #128 "Real Life: Transportation (1)", answer 1

Sally went downtown last week. First, she walked out of her house and then she had to cross the street, on foot, at the crosswalk.

Correct answer: (b) crosswalk
_________________________

what is turnpike and crosswalk ?

Zorro
Zorro

What is turnpike and crosswalk? #2 (permalink) Mon Nov 02, 2009 14:00 pm   What is turnpike and crosswalk?

Hello, Zorro. Don't you have a DICTIONARY?
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What is turnpike and crosswalk? #3 (permalink) Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:59 am   What is turnpike and crosswalk?

Dear sir

let s know the meaning for crosswalk. In my dictionary it doesn't have
meaning for the same.

Thank you

S.Shanthi
_________________
If you want Excellence,You must aim at perfection in our work.
Shanthisethuraman

What is turnpike and crosswalk? #4 (permalink) Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:07 am   What is turnpike and crosswalk?

Time to get a new DICTIONARY.
_________________

What is turnpike and crosswalk? #5 (permalink) Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 am   What is turnpike and crosswalk?

A turnpike was used in the 1800s. it is a road the pioneers used. the traveled along it and they had to pay a tool. they turned a pipe when they paid it, so that is why it is called a "turnpike". (road built by a private owned company that charges a toll to use it.)

A crosswalk is a path (often marked) where something (as a street or railroad) can be crossed to get from one side to the other
Nandhini_Devi

Location: Chennai, India

What is turnpike and crosswalk? #6 (permalink) Thu Sep 06, 2012 16:29 pm   What is turnpike and crosswalk?

Hi Nandhini,

I am Shanthisethuraman from India, in south India, I am very happy to see you on the forum. How do you find time to spend on online course since you are working as software Engineer. Any way best wishes for your interest in learning/joining the forum.

Turnpike means "An Express way on which tolls are collected.
Crooswalk: A path marked off on a street to indcate where pedestrains should cross.

Wish you Good Luck, keep visting the forum.

Thank you

S.Shanthi
_________________
Shanthisethuraman

What is turnpike and crosswalk? #7 (permalink) Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:12 am   What is turnpike and crosswalk?

Hi Shanthi,
Happy to saw your message that you too belongs to our country,whenever i got time during lunch break i used to be in this Website.
I am so interested about this website,its make me to addict to learn english.
I am happy to share this with you.
Thank you Shanthi.

With Regards,
Nandhini
Nandhini_Devi

Location: Chennai, India

What is turnpike and crosswalk? #8 (permalink) Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:32 am   What is turnpike and crosswalk?

Dear Nandhini,

Thank you for your kind reply. I too want to say that this website make everyone to
learn English with enthusiasm. You can suggest about this site to your colleagues also, to make
them to join with this forum. I want to listen your voice message on the forum, since
I have no south Indian learners voice mail on the forum.So I want you to give your voice message to make me/all happy on the forum.

I hope you will have a nice lunch now with your friends.

Thank you Nandhini

S.Shanthi
_________________
Shanthisethuraman

What is the difference between each and all?there aren't any leftHe withdraws money from the bank every Tuesday.He is just standing there...When does the seminar begin?bought a computer last weekWhat is a vampire?Why do they use does?What does orbit mean?Why the correct answer is may?"bear with" versus "stay with"'almost a concern' vs. 'fairly a concern'"work out" vs. "find out"