to give; to contribute; to grant; to bestow
slump
point
switch
donate

Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 254, 255, 256  Next

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
please check my pronunciation | Speaking Practice: travel
Speaking English for 20 seconds a day? #3811 (permalink) Sun Aug 18, 2013 15:20 pm   Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Hi every body,
When I saw 20 seconds program yesterday, I became very happy and came eagerly to record my voice on this topic. I found that installing Java is a prerequisite. Unfortunately, I live in an embargoed country (Iran) and java.com doesn't let me to download Java file :-(. On the other hand, this email system doesn't permit to attach a voice message for you.
Have a good time
Mohadese
Mohadeseh2

Speaking English for 20 seconds a day? #3812 (permalink) Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:24 am   Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Hi every one,
My name is Bahar and this is my first voice message here.I got to know this forum a couple of months ago but I was having difficulties getting Java working until yesterday.Then I hurried here to know what everyone thinks of my accent.I am also very eager to know how I sound in native ears. If anyone has any suggestions or comments ,please do share it with me.
thank you all,
bahar.
Bahar88

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Speaking English for 20 seconds a day? #3813 (permalink) Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:51 am   Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Does anyone know why the voice quality goes down once it is posted?I record it,listen to it and it's just fine,but when it is posted all the oises come out of nowhere!
I don't know what to do,please help me out.
Bahar88

Speaking English for 20 seconds a day? #3814 (permalink) Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:57 am   Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Mohadeseh2 wrote:
Hi every body,
Have a good time
Mohadese

Hello Mohadese,
I was having the same problem but i finally could find a way.I have a version of Java downloaded that will probably work.I may be able to tell you how to install it.
Bahar88

Speaking English for 20 seconds a day? #3815 (permalink) Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:06 pm   Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Thank you Bahar, how can I contact you?
Mohadeseh2

Speaking English for 20 seconds a day? #3816 (permalink) Wed Aug 21, 2013 14:23 pm   Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Mohadeseh2 wrote:
Thank you Bahar, how can I contact you?

Would you check your PMS?I PMed you.
Hope it comes in handy.
Bahar88

Speaking English for 20 seconds a day? #3817 (permalink) Sat Aug 24, 2013 16:46 pm   Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Hi.
it's really nice to see this thread. i heard almost all the conversation and tried hard to understand the accent and improve mine. I am from India and have a little accent issue.
let me kno if people are still responding and rating the 20 sec speaking :P. I am getting mean this way because am practicing for my TOEFL and need a little help from the tutors and evryone here.
I hope it helps.
Thanks and regards.
Richaa
Richaa82

Location: Texas, USA

Speaking English for 20 seconds a day? #3818 (permalink) Sun Aug 25, 2013 20:38 pm   Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Hi everyone,

It's the first time for me to use this recording tool and it's so amazing. Thank to all

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.
Pierreespoi

Speaking English for 20 seconds a day? #3819 (permalink) Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:45 am   Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Dear all,
It is the first time I record the message on the 'Speaking english 20 seconds a day" section. I think it is very good for people learning to speak english.
I think we should have some plans to speak english with each other to improve our english speaking skills and increase our vocabulary. For example, we can discuss about one topics and we talk anythings about it and everybody in the site would see the comments spoke in english about the topics. From this way we can improve our english speaking skills and increase our vocabulary knowledge about many topics. If we discuss much about one topic and it seemly full of information we can change the topic.
I want to begin the topic with "animal". We can describe about one animal and post voice message here to learn from each other.
Please give me comments about my idea.
Le Duc Linh Ne

Location: Viet Nam

Hi to all, it is my first audio. Any comment positive or negative appreciated. #3820 (permalink) Fri Sep 20, 2013 19:05 pm   Hi to all, it is my first audio. Any comment positive or negative appreciated.

Nash1

Speaking English for 20 seconds a day? #3821 (permalink) Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:51 am   Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

My name is chikhaoui. I'm tunisian. I live in a town, called El Kef, located 45 km near the Algeria border. El Kef is a nice town built on the heart of a perched Eocene syncline whose altitude is about 1000 m above the sea level. In this town there is no pollution. We always breath fresh air. Historically el Kef was the capital of the Numidian state which extended from Tunis, the present capital of Tunisia, and Algeria. this long periode of history is marqued by several archaelogical sites dated from Romain Empire to muslim periode.
Chikhaoui

Speaking English for 20 seconds a day? #3822 (permalink) Thu Oct 17, 2013 15:08 pm   Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Hi every body

I have a problem. I can't recorded my voice. Each time I try to click the record voice bouton nothing happen. Firstly I have reinstalled JavaScrip but nothing else. I have changed to another computer but the same result.

I think the problem doesn't come from my computer nor even from the connection which is excellent.

Can somebody helps me?
Chikhaoui

Speaking English for 20 seconds a day? #3823 (permalink) Thu Oct 17, 2013 18:20 pm   Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

The steps you need to take to record your voice can be found here.
If you have problems after trying that, you will find instructions and troubleshooting steps here:
Recording voice messages on the forum.
This is a long post, but you need to work through things one step at a time, checking whether your problem has been solved at the end of each step.
_________________

Speaking English for 20 seconds a day? #3824 (permalink) Thu Oct 24, 2013 19:25 pm   Speaking English for 20 seconds a day?

Hi all, it has been a long time.

I have not been very active lately in the forum or in the skype sessions and I miss you all.

I always preferred the British accent so listen carefully and I will be glad to have any helpful comment or suggestion.

A few months ago I have started working as a volunteer translator for The Rosetta Foundation, this experience was unique and enriching. Most of the tasks I have taken were; translation and proofreading form English to Arabic. The foundation's platform made my work easier. In fact, it enables effortless interaction, feedback and painless search for tasks that suit your skills. Even though I was unpaid, I enjoyed it and I felt fulfilled since I spend my time "fighting" for a cause I care for, it was a new form of humanitarian work.
As a language professional, I have also acquired a new set of skills that may be useful in my future career.

Fakhri
Bonsai

Location: Tunisia

20 seconds a day of mine #3825 (permalink) Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:34 am   20 seconds a day of mine

Hi everybody!
My name is Ve and I come from VietNam. It's the third time I've posted my voice message. I simply want to communicate with all of you in English. So I think speaking English everyday is the best way to win.
Like most people, I tried on many methods of learning English.I've got up early in the morning to learn, but it hasn't lasted long as many things went by and I almost forgot it, so I haven't finished my project.
Now I think again and come back with more and more energy for English. Because English is the most popular language and very important. I don't want to lose my chance to get acquainted with you
Ve

Location: Viet Nam

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
I have a question ;)Arthur=ɑːrθɜːrMy first record messageMy first messageRodger pronunciationA book you have not read but are interested in readingPronunciation of "wooed"Speak fluentlypronunciation "stirring"For TOEICŪ base simulatorFor TOEICŪ base simulatorSuccessful experinceAlex Baldwin does a great English accent (for a yank)