trust; certainty; faith in oneself; secret
interruption
scale
confidence
fame

When using to dye in present continuous which is the proper spelling of this verb

How to become a good tourist guide? | What is duress?
When using to dye in present continuous which is the proper spelling of this verb #1 (permalink) Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:16 am   When using to dye in present continuous which is the proper spelling of this verb

"The corporation, by refusing to accept any responsibility for the harm caused to consumers by their products, sounded their own ......... knell. If they choose to move their production overseas, it is still their responsibility to make sure that the products they will sell meet proper quality control standards," Miles told the class during his presentation.

(a) dying
(b) dyeing
(c) death
(d) dearth

"The corporation, by refusing to accept any responsibility for the harm caused to consumers by their products, sounded their own death knell. If they choose to move their production overseas, it is still their responsibility to make sure that the products they will sell meet proper quality control standards," Miles told the class during his presentation.

Correct answer: (c) death
_________________________

When using to dye in present continuous which is the proper spelling of this verb, also, is it frequently used incorrectly and the "e" dropped so that it is spelt the same as to die in pres cont?

is dyeing v. is dying...which is correct and is there a difference in British English v.
American English?

Nyarey
Nyarey

When using to dye in present continuous which is the proper spelling of this verb #2 (permalink) Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:35 pm   When using to dye in present continuous which is the proper spelling of this verb

Dyeing - imparting colour
Dying - ceasing to live

-- in both Englishes.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
why do they have reactions of drugs?What does soda mean?what is a heiferettes?What is endrose?hiding yourself vs. finding yourselfWhat does yukky mean?What is illiterate?Meaning of forceful and assertiveIt's very tough and well-built.Meaning of doozywhat means the word fake?What does boo-boo mean?What does bent out of shape mean?