after; in back of
considering
behind
save
during

What is the meaning of "don't pin me down with a label"?

What does the phrase "a fraction of the cost" really mean? | Difference between "automatic car" and "transmission car"
What is the meaning of "don't pin me down with a label"? #1 (permalink) Fri Nov 13, 2009 22:31 pm   What is the meaning of "don't pin me down with a label"?

"Jocks are so annoying. Take Josh, for example. He walks around here like he owns the campus. Ten years from now, though, he'll be working for me," Elmer said. Josh replied, "Don't pin me down with a .......... For your information, I got very good grades last semester and I enjoy lots of things besides sports. I like gardening, for example."

(a) saying
(b) label
(c) libel
(d) expectation

"Jocks are so annoying. Take Josh, for example. He walks around here like he owns the campus. Ten years from now, though, he'll be working for me," Elmer said. Josh replied, "Don't pin me down with a label. For your information, I got very good grades last semester and I enjoy lots of things besides sports. I like gardening, for example."

Correct answer: (b) label
_________________________

what is the meaning of "don't pin me down with a label"?

Dallance
Dallance

What is the meaning of "don't pin me down with a label"? #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:13 am   What is the meaning of "don't pin me down with a label"?

Don't stereotype me.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What number of groups do we use when we want to know about p-values?What does drawback mean?What does you're as good as gold mean?What is spandex?Phrases about healthI must ... (look out, look for, look in) it.What is difference between "for instance" and " for example"Meaning of "no I got ears"What the meaning forget?What does it mean sunbelt?why do they have reactions of drugs?What is the meaning of knock me off my feet?What does soda mean?