cheap showy jewelry or ornament on clothing; gaud; gewgaw; novelty; fallal
mite
trinket
alimony
drooler

Can Analytical writing section be the experimental section?

GRE Practice tests Increase your GRE test score with
plus 3.750 GRE word flash cards
ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the GREŽ Test
Bad score on practice tests | GREŽ essay sample: Anyone can make things better and more...
Can Analytical writing section be the experimental section? #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 14, 2005 19:46 pm   Can Analytical writing section be the experimental section?

Hi!

I wanted to know whether Analytical writing section can be repeated as an experimental section..or is it that only Verbal and Quant can get repeated as experimental section?
I am anxious as two Analytical sections would be overburdening...

I would be giving my GRE after 15 days so anybody who has an answer to my query please reply ASAP.

Thanx

Hi there #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 14, 2005 21:20 pm   Hi there

hi friend

As far as I know, you can get an experimental section anytime after you are over with the first section i.e. the AWA. I dont think they'll be having an AWA experiment section because this section is only ment for research purpose.

but anyways, you make sure from others aswell but i'm pretty sure that there wont be such thing.

and by the way.....when are u appearing for the test exactly?? I am giving on Nov 11th in chennai. What about you?? I hope you are well prepared now.

One more thing.....how are u planning to spend the last week before giving the test? I'd like to know if u have any specific schedule set for the last week

Good luck

jayashree
Jayashree

GRE Test Preparation — Improve your Score with 750 free GRE Vocabulary TestsGRE Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise GRE scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportGRE Practice Tests — Learn the most essential GRE vocabulary words you need to pass the GRE with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card system
Can Analytical writing section be the experimental section? #3 (permalink) Sat Oct 15, 2005 16:51 pm   Can Analytical writing section be the experimental section?

Hi Jayashree!

Thanks for the information. Thats a relief...I'll try to confirm this from other sources as well.
My test date is 27th Oct and im giving it in Delhi.
I'm more or less done with my vocab lists and Im practicing through the tests on this site.
I plan to give as many complete practice tests as possible in the last week and write down a few essays from the pool of essay topics.
Ive left one Powerprep practice test for the last week.
I saw your thesaurus of GRE words. I think its a nice collection and I was reassured as I seemed to know most.
I had another question....is there any optimum length of the essay in AWA...or should I try to write as much as I can within the given time (ofcourse keeping in mind the essay quality)

Best of luck for your preparation!

Gre thesaurus? #4 (permalink) Sat Oct 15, 2005 16:59 pm   Gre thesaurus?

Anonymous wrote:
Best of luck for your preparation!

Hello, what is a Powerprep practice test? And where did you see a thesaurus of GRE words? Thanks in advance. Fabrice
Toeic

Location: France

Can Analytical writing section be the experimental section? #5 (permalink) Sat Oct 15, 2005 17:28 pm   Can Analytical writing section be the experimental section?

Hi Fabrice

Powerprep is the GRE preparation CD that you will recieve from ETS after you register for the test. It has a few tests on each type of questions and two complete timed tests on the same pattern as in GRE.
As for thesaurus of GRE words..I found it in a message posted in this forum by Jayashree.

Best of luck for your preparation!

Vineeta
Vineeta

Gre thesaurus? #6 (permalink) Sat Oct 15, 2005 18:04 pm   Gre thesaurus?

Hello Vineeta. Thank you a lot for your prompt response. I'll check and see whether ETS is also offering a Powerprep program for the TOEIC. I understand you are taking the GRE next week. Are you going to study in the US?
Kind regards
Fabrice
Toeic

Location: France

Can Analytical writing section be the experimental section? #7 (permalink) Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:43 am   Can Analytical writing section be the experimental section?

hi again

As far as length of an essay is concerned, just take a look at some sample essays. Keep in mind its length and makke sure your's doesnt change drastically from these. Otherwise, ETS doesnt put so much restriction on the length as long as your idea is conveyed cogently. and anyways, you wont get time to write pages on a topic and at the same time you cannot convey your perspectives within a few lines. So just concentrate on the content and everything else will fall into their respective places.

Good luck for your exam!!

Do post your experience giving the test.

bubye
jayashree
Jayashree

Can Analytical writing section be the experimental section? #8 (permalink) Sun Oct 16, 2005 13:13 pm   Can Analytical writing section be the experimental section?

Hi Fabrice!

Im appearing for the exam on 27th.
I'll be applying for various universities in US for Masters in Planning. i guess you are planning to work in US.
Best of luck for your exam!

Hi Jayashree,
Thanx for the advice. One of my friends who gave GRE a few days back told me that Maths was particularly easy. I'll surely tell you of my own experience at the test.

Bye
Vineeta

ESL Forum | Preparation forum for the GREŽ Test All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Latest topics on GRE Test Forums
TV channel cuts its coverage with local newsthe same national curriculumTechnologies create problems 2Formal education merits the universal acclaimArgument: Changing a policyEducators and studentsHas anyone given GREŽ LATELY?1360...i need ur suggestion!Got 1120 in GREŽ what should I doGiven my greŽ what nextBig problam in vocabWhen you would get the GREŽ essay score?What is the GREŽ test?