answering; reacting (esp. positively or sympathetically)
responsive
located
slantwise
available

What does skiing mean?

For vs. through | I think it should be: Do you like Microsoft or Macintossh computers?
What does skiing mean? #1 (permalink) Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:56 am   What does skiing mean?

ESL/EFL Test #118 "Weather Test (5)", question 2

The sport of sliding and jumping down snowy hills or slopes on long, narrow runners is called ..........

(a) skating
(b) sledding
(c) skiing

ESL/EFL Test #118 "Weather Test (5)", answer 2

The sport of sliding and jumping down snowy hills or slopes on long, narrow runners is called skiing.

Correct answer: (c) skiing

The sport of sliding and jumping down snowy hills or slopes on long, narrow runners is called sledding.
_________________________

What do you mean by skiing
Skyi

What does skiing mean? #2 (permalink) Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:03 am   What does skiing mean?

The description of 'skiing' is in the sentence:
The sport of sliding and jumping down snowy hills or slopes on long, narrow runners.

_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
What is the meaning of the idiom "had a pig"?What does I don't buy it mean?What does discord mean?Master (M.A), or masters?what is the meaning of hook up?What are sinuses?Do you provide a warrant? If yes, could you tell me how long and on what terms?ironically vs inevitablywhat are the qualities of a business plan?'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...'Who vs. whomWhat does 'un-right' mean?Why it is "like" instead of "liked"?