excited; passionate; ardent; fervent
enthusiastic
flexible
executive
additional

What does I don't buy it mean?

What is the meaning of the idiom "had a pig"? | What does 'to be shut in' mean?
What does I don't buy it mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:44 am   What does I don't buy it mean?

"Now, James, don't climb on your ......... and start preaching about how our society is harming the planet through our use of fossil fuels just because this couple mentioned wanting to buy a six-cylinder car," Matt told his brother.

(a) bull horn
(b) pulpit
(c) soapbox
(d) rocking horse

"Now, James, don't climb on your soapbox and start preaching about how our society is harming the planet through our use of fossil fuels just because this couple mentioned wanting to buy a six-cylinder car," Matt told his brother.

Correct answer: (c) soapbox
_________________________

is "don't buy it" an idiom?
Buyme

What does I don't buy it mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:41 pm   What does I don't buy it mean?

Please supply context.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does I don't buy it mean? #3 (permalink) Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:51 pm   What does I don't buy it mean?

Hi probably means "I don't buy it" meaning "I don't get it/I don't understand it".

TOEIC listening, photographs: On the treadmill

What does I don't buy it mean? #4 (permalink) Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:58 pm   What does I don't buy it mean?

Or 'I don't believe it', but we cannot know without context; it may just be a warning against an unwise purchase.
_________________

What does I don't buy it mean? #5 (permalink) Sun Nov 29, 2009 13:00 pm   What does I don't buy it mean?

Hi Charles, you are right. "I don't buy it" means "I don't believe it" rather than "I don't understand it" if it's used as an idiom. Thanks a lot for the reminder!

TOEIC listening, photographs: In front of a store

What does locked in mean?'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car'December is a month after November and is the twelveth of the year, right?Meaning of boorscowardice vs cowardWhat is the meaning of consumers and costumers?When to use either and neither?What does discord mean?What does skiing mean?'All you have to do is to telephone this number' OR 'All you have to make is ...'Who vs. whomWhat does 'un-right' mean?I think it should be: Do you like Microsoft or Macintossh computers?