to provide medical treatment; to fix; to repair; to mend
require
doctor
span
hurry

'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car'

cowardice vs coward | December is a month after November and is the twelveth of the year, right?
'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car' #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 02, 2009 17:15 pm   'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car'

ESL/EFL Test #768 "Real Life: Driving Verbs (1)", question 5

I'm going to ......... the car as close to the entrance as possible so that we won't have to walk very far.

(a) break
(b) park
(c) push

ESL/EFL Test #768 "Real Life: Driving Verbs (1)", answer 5

I'm going to park the car as close to the entrance as possible so that we won't have to walk very far.

Correct answer: (b) park

I'm going to push the car as close to the entrance as possible so that we won't have to walk very far.
_________________________

why?

Azazzello
Azazzello

'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car' #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 02, 2009 18:07 pm   'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car'

Azazzello wrote:

(a) break
(b) park
(c) push

Correct answer: (b) park

_________________________

why?

Azazzello

Hello Azazzelo,

I am not a teacher, but I give you two examples:

a) I park the car.

b) I push my trolley in the supermarket.

It's more natural to park a car but if you push it, maybe you are no more petrol inside your tank.

Hope it's help you, see later.

_________________
Do not hesitate to correct me.
The French

Location: France -Normandie

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth"Isn't that Biographer and Autobiographer writes about others' life stories?What does aid effort mean?Why the answer is 'fair weather friend' because I think it sounds like she...?befriended vs betrayedeasygoing vs user-friendlyWhy is banter not correct?What does locked in mean?Meaning of boorsWhat is the meaning of consumers and costumers?When to use either and neither?What is the meaning of the idiom "had a pig"?What does I don't buy it mean?