Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to provide medical treatment; to fix; to repair; to mend
require
doctor
span
hurry
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car'

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
cowardice vs coward | December is a month after November and is the twelveth of the year, right?
listening exercises
'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car' #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 02, 2009 17:15 pm   'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car'

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #768 "Real Life: Driving Verbs (1)", question 5

I'm going to ......... the car as close to the entrance as possible so that we won't have to walk very far.

(a) break
(b) park
(c) push

ESL/EFL Test #768 "Real Life: Driving Verbs (1)", answer 5

I'm going to park the car as close to the entrance as possible so that we won't have to walk very far.

Correct answer: (b) park

Your answer was: incorrect
I'm going to push the car as close to the entrance as possible so that we won't have to walk very far.

why?

Azazzello
Azazzello

'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car' #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 02, 2009 18:07 pm   'I'm going to park the car' vs 'I'm going to push the car'

Azazzello wrote:

ESL/EFL Test #768 "Real Life: Driving Verbs (1)", question 5

I'm going to ......... the car as close to the entrance as possible so that we won't have to walk very far.

(a) break
(b) park
(c) push

ESL/EFL Test #768 "Real Life: Driving Verbs (1)", answer 5

I'm going to park the car as close to the entrance as possible so that we won't have to walk very far.

Correct answer: (b) park

Your answer was: incorrect
I'm going to push the car as close to the entrance as possible so that we won't have to walk very far.

why?

Azazzello

Hello Azazzelo,

I am not a teacher, but I give you two examples:

a) I park the car.

b) I push my trolley in the supermarket.

It's more natural to park a car but if you push it, maybe you are no more petrol inside your tank.

Hope it's help you, see later.

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
cowardice vs coward | December is a month after November and is the twelveth of the year, right?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Expression "put one's foot in one's mouth"Isn't that Biographer and Autobiographer writes about others' life stories?What does aid effort mean?Why the answer is 'fair weather friend' because I think it sounds like she...?befriended vs betrayedeasygoing vs user-friendlyWhy is banter not correct?What does locked in mean?Meaning of boorsWhat is the meaning of consumers and costumers?When to use either and neither?What is the meaning of the idiom "had a pig"?What does I don't buy it mean?