wash basin; sewer; drain; cesspool; place where criminals gather
store
sink
distributor
potency

She was not going to go out on a limb for anyone anymore?

What does 'forty winks' mean? | He saw the writing on the wall?
She was not going to go out on a limb for anyone anymore? #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 06, 2009 14:32 pm   She was not going to go out on a limb for anyone anymore?

She decided that she was not going to go out on a ......... for anyone anymore. She was sick of trying to help people who weren't appreciative.

(a) limb
(b) date
(c) tip
(d) patrol

She decided that she was not going to go out on a limb for anyone anymore. She was sick of trying to help people who weren't appreciative.

Correct answer: (a) limb

She decided that she was not going to go out on a date for anyone anymore. She was sick of trying to help people who weren't appreciative.
_________________________

Could you explain the meaning of these atterance?

Luda
Luda from Minsk

She was not going to go out on a limb for anyone anymore? #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 06, 2009 14:37 pm   She was not going to go out on a limb for anyone anymore?

She was not going to take risks for those who did not appreciate her efforts.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
turquoise?What does black tie affair mean?How do you call that word before verb in continuous tenses?Why can't we say 'being vanished' in this sentence?needy vs. selflessWhat does 'in the buff' mean?When does an epidemic becomes a pandemic?Idiom: At face valueMeaning of "Our neighbor is at large right now"Must a word celebrity necessarily mean movie star or can it mean music star...?befriended vs betrayedeasygoing vs user-friendlyWhy is banter not correct?