to present; to show or illustrate something through example, or physical demonstrations
adjourn
ignore
hesitate
demonstrate

What does 'in the buff' mean?

Why can't we say 'being vanished' in this sentence? | Voice mail (voicemail) vs. answering machine
What does 'in the buff' mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 06, 2009 14:47 pm   What does 'in the buff' mean?

The artist struggled to paint the naked lady posing in front of him. It was the first painting of a person in the ......... that he had ever attempted.

(a) rye
(b) natural
(c) buff
(d) heat

The artist struggled to paint the naked lady posing in front of him. It was the first painting of a person in the buff that he had ever attempted.

Correct answer: (c) buff

The artist struggled to paint the naked lady posing in front of him. It was the first painting of a person in the heat that he had ever attempted.
_________________________

Could you explain the meaning of this utterance?

Luda from Minsk
Luda from Minsk

What does 'in the buff' mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 06, 2009 18:37 pm   What does 'in the buff' mean?

'In the buff' means naked/nude - with no clothes on.

_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'in the buff' mean? #3 (permalink) Mon Dec 07, 2009 16:02 pm   What does 'in the buff' mean?

Thank you Alan for your explanation.
Margout

Location: Paris

What does check in mean in this sentence?Why do we use "with an eye for"?turquoise?What does black tie affair mean?How do you call that word before verb in continuous tenses?needy vs. selflessHe saw the writing on the wall?She was not going to go out on a limb for anyone anymore?What does 'forty winks' mean?When does an epidemic becomes a pandemic?Idiom: At face valueMeaning of "Our neighbor is at large right now"Must a word celebrity necessarily mean movie star or can it mean music star...?