person or company that ships things; shipping company; truck
remit
carrier
agreement
gather

Why do we use "with an eye for"?

What does black tie affair mean? | What does check in mean in this sentence?
Why do we use "with an eye for"? #1 (permalink) Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:09 am   Why do we use "with an eye for"?

ESL/EFL Test #700 "Prepositional Phrases - With, Within, Without (3)", question 1

......... an eye for the finer things in life, Tom almost went bankrupt. It was like he couldn't balance his budget and spent way too much on luxurious goods.

(a) With
(b) Within
(c) Without

ESL/EFL Test #700 "Prepositional Phrases - With, Within, Without (3)", answer 1

With an eye for the finer things in life, Tom almost went bankrupt. It was like he couldn't balance his budget and spent way too much on luxurious goods.

Correct answer: (a) With
_________________________

why do we use "with an eye for"?please explain

umadevithanao
umadevithanao

Why do we use "with an eye for"? #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:02 pm   Why do we use "with an eye for"?

This expression suggests you are able to distinguish and appreciate what is good in any particular item/field. In this sentence in the test:

With an eye for the finer things in life
this means he was able to see what was high quality and enjoy it.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Phrase: First flowers that bloom in our yard...annual mammagrams vs annual mammogramsDoes Morpheus has anything to do whit morphine - medical drug?Where is the back of the hand?turquoise?How do you call that word before verb in continuous tenses?Why can't we say 'being vanished' in this sentence?needy vs. selflessWhat does 'in the buff' mean?He saw the writing on the wall?meaning of "you are an asset to our team"Use the word assignmentWhen to use who or whom?