percentage of profits paid to an artist for each copy of his work that is sold
drive
visibility
royalties
franchisor

the value continues vs. the value is continuing

we can say no or else i don't? | what does driven mean?
the value continues vs. the value is continuing #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 13, 2009 16:00 pm   the value continues vs. the value is continuing

ESL/EFL Test #783 "Grammar Tutorial: Correct Word Usage (1)", question 2

The currency value ......... to decrease despite the government's efforts to strengthen it over the past year.

(a) continuing
(b) continues being
(c) continues
(d) continue

ESL/EFL Test #783 "Grammar Tutorial: Correct Word Usage (1)", answer 2

The currency value continues to decrease despite the government's efforts to strengthen it over the past year.

Correct answer: (c) continues

The currency value continuing to decrease despite the government's efforts to strengthen it over the past year.
_________________________

techer why his incorret

fatima zahra
Wrongy

the value continues vs. the value is continuing #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 13, 2009 16:05 pm   the value continues vs. the value is continuing

Quick answer for you: If you want to use "continuing" you must have "is".

Your sentence "The currency value continuing to decrease despite the government's efforts to strengthen it over the past year." does not have a verb.
Tortoise

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Phrase: You really shouldn't believe everythingIt is crucial that we do not stifle the momentum?Mastering an array of technical skills?Difference between "turn in" and "turn up"Watch a movie vs. see a movieAre you ready for the question?she missed vs. she had missedPhrase: First flowers that bloom in our yard...What does "get in the game" mean?annual mammagrams vs annual mammogramsDoes Morpheus has anything to do whit morphine - medical drug?Why not "coming from" here?Use the word assignment