device; system; machine; gadget; appliance
apparatus
rental
disposal
fear

Are you ready for the question?

Mastering an array of technical skills? | Phrase: You really shouldn't believe everything
Are you ready for the question? #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 13, 2009 16:55 pm   Are you ready for the question?

ESL/EFL Test #109 "Postcard: Winner", question 9

Are you ......... for the question?

(a) sure
(b) ready
(c) certain

ESL/EFL Test #109 "Postcard: Winner", answer 9

Are you ready for the question?

Correct answer: (b) ready
_________________________

Would you please explain to me why is not sure?
Meanwhile, if we relate the question number 10 (It is: Do you believe this postcard is real or just a joke?) she/he is sure for the question that this postcard is real.

Thanks in advance..
Watie

Location: Indonesia

Are you ready for the question? #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 13, 2009 17:38 pm   Are you ready for the question?

I believe if the answer is the word 'ready' maybe after the other person in this context ask him (or her) a question about something.

I hope it helps you.

See you later on the forum.
_________________
Do not hesitate to correct me.
The French

Location: France -Normandie

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Are you ready for the question? #3 (permalink) Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 am   Are you ready for the question?

I think "ready" is the most suitable word. What does it mean that you are sure for the question? It makes no sense because the context is that you are not the one who's asking the question, but the answerer.
Tortoise

What is the meaning of investors?difference between take and havea day when something goes wrong vs a day when nothing goes rightDifference between holding fort and holding brief?It is crucial that we do not stifle the momentum?Difference between "turn in" and "turn up"Watch a movie vs. see a moviethe value continues vs. the value is continuingshe missed vs. she had missedPhrase: First flowers that bloom in our yard...What does "get in the game" mean?what does driven mean?we can say no or else i don't?