Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

device; system; machine; gadget; appliance
apparatus
rental
disposal
fear
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Are you ready for the question?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Mastering an array of technical skills? | Phrase: You really shouldn't believe everything
listening exercises
Are you ready for the question? #1 (permalink) Sun Dec 13, 2009 16:55 pm   Are you ready for the question?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #109 "Postcard: Winner", question 9

Are you ......... for the question?

(a) sure
(b) ready
(c) certain

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #109 "Postcard: Winner", answer 9

Are you ready for the question?

Correct answer: (b) ready

Your answer was: correct

Would you please explain to me why is not sure?
Meanwhile, if we relate the question number 10 (It is: Do you believe this postcard is real or just a joke?) she/he is sure for the question that this postcard is real.

Thanks in advance..
Watie
I'm here quite often ;-)

Are you ready for the question? #2 (permalink) Sun Dec 13, 2009 17:38 pm   Are you ready for the question?

Hello,

I believe if the answer is the word 'ready' maybe after the other person in this context ask him (or her) a question about something.

I hope it helps you.

See you later on the forum.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Are you ready for the question? #3 (permalink) Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 am   Are you ready for the question?

I think "ready" is the most suitable word. What does it mean that you are sure for the question? It makes no sense because the context is that you are not the one who's asking the question, but the answerer.
Tortoise
I'm here quite often ;-)

Mastering an array of technical skills? | Phrase: You really shouldn't believe everything
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What is the meaning of investors?difference between take and havea day when something goes wrong vs a day when nothing goes rightDifference between holding fort and holding brief?It is crucial that we do not stifle the momentum?Difference between "turn in" and "turn up"Watch a movie vs. see a moviethe value continues vs. the value is continuingshe missed vs. she had missedPhrase: First flowers that bloom in our yard...What does "get in the game" mean?what does driven mean?we can say no or else i don't?